It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Combat System 2005 - MOVIE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just came across this, a very interesting movie about the the Army's new FCS. The movie entails how the equipment would be used in a battle situation - very interesting.

www.army.mil... ( 15.7MB )

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
That was pretty cool. Ive been wondering about FCS, and this film answered a lot of my questions. Thanks for posting it Rogue, very informative.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Great video.

What most people dont realize, is a great deal of that tech is real and functional today. The biggest "breakthrough" is the newtorking and sharing of that data. The rest is just spending the money to make it happen.

As incredible as that video seems, its very dooable and only budget will deciate how fast its implimented.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Another interesting bit in the video - in the last 3rd somewhere - is the test footage of an APS ( Active Protection System ) on an AFV, it only lasts for a few seconds.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
awesome video, networking is really the future of combot

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"its very dooable "

You sure about that? The project has been pretty disatrous so far - see Defensetech.org's FCS Watch :

" As recently as last year, the program was slated to cost $92 billion. Then, suddenly, that estimate ballooned -- first to $127 billion, and next to $145 billion. Finally, we were told that this gargantuan sum would only pay for transforming a third or less of the Army."

www.defensetech.org...

And it's getting worse quickly. You really think anyone can afford this sort of $$$, especially when so much of the technology just can't hack it? The JTRS radio is already folding...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
While I was writing software for a weather company... It's very doable and will be done. The integration is already in the works....

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wembley

"its very dooable "

You sure about that? The project has been pretty disatrous so far - see Defensetech.org's FCS Watch :

" As recently as last year, the program was slated to cost $92 billion. Then, suddenly, that estimate ballooned -- first to $127 billion, and next to $145 billion. Finally, we were told that this gargantuan sum would only pay for transforming a third or less of the Army."

www.defensetech.org...

And it's getting worse quickly. You really think anyone can afford this sort of $$$, especially when so much of the technology just can't hack it? The JTRS radio is already folding...

It isn't the networking which is the problem, it is actually building the new vehicles. Problems such as adequate armour protection have plague the program. The new 20 tonne FCS were supposed to have the same protection as an early M1 Abrams, but they haven't been able to find a material which is able to do this.....yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
cool vid, best one I've seen showing off the FCS yet.

I think that the biggest hurdles have to be the integration and coordination.

But they have to do something about budget overruns...and that goes for the WHOLE military, it seems like every program goes over budget, and know one even cares, the company that makes the product should stick to whatever there original price is, and if they dont, penalties should be given.

I like the FCS, but with its size and the scale of it all, I dont see it all happening...I'm sure parts will happen...but not everything we saw on the video.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its all about the cash people. Nothing in that video is beyond technology in the very near future if not already today.

They arent showing us plasma rifles and railguns with magic bullets, they are showing use advanced variations of alot of whats used today just netwroked together very very well. Thats it.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why no plasma rifles or rail guns, or while on the subject power armor.

Kevlar can be penetrated, and puting on some extra junk to a allready over encumbered solider makes them fateged. So well why not have supertough all enclosing armor that is powered (making them strong to carry the suit, and all kinds of other junk, punch though concreat walls).

So weak.

[edit on 29-3-2006 by jazz_psyker]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I had to turn that video off, Ive already controlled soldiers exactly like that, play Ghost recon: advanced warfighter. Very similar. It seems like it was made after the game, because of how similar it is.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
I had to turn that video off, Ive already controlled soldiers exactly like that, play Ghost recon: advanced warfighter. Very similar. It seems like it was made after the game, because of how similar it is.

LMAO, erm ok. It isn't a game in case you didn't realise and it wasn't made after some stupid game

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well it does have some similarities with ghost recon advance warfighter. This video would of fit easily in the game as a cutscene.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
[

Originally posted by Fingon
Well it does have some similarities with ghost recon advance warfighter. This video would of fit easily in the game as a cutscene.

Of course there are similarities because the creators of the game are using the Future Combat System as a pretext for the future warfare. Not to mention in cooperation of the U.S. military to help make it as accurate as possible.

top topics

join