It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa to put man on far side of moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

NASA, the American space agency, has unveiled plans for one of the largest rockets ever built to take a manned mission to the far side of the moon.
It will ferry a mother ship and lunar lander into Earth orbit to link up with a smaller rocket carrying the crew. Once united they will head for the moon where the larger ship will remain in orbit after launching the lunar lander and crew.

Isn't that a spot where the greys are hiding/residing currently.
I also heard teh greys gave them a good "don't come back here or else!" the last time we went up. Sure what ever inexplicable event happens will be covered up, but I have a strong feeling this is gonna lead to a surprise for many people. Either way, they could turn alot of stories to frauds if there isn't anything notable where the sun don't shine.

I wonder what their trying to prove? or mayby they need a funding excuse for an off the books nasa project of some sort.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I predict it's barren just like our side of the moon, merely dark. It would be fantastic if there was alien life there and we all see it on TV. I highly doubt it though. Would put to rest a lot of theories and such.

- Nazgarn

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Chances are, some mistake happens and the crew is lost, and we never know. Or maybe our next president will cancel the plans to go to the moon and mars and stuff like that. You never know.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think farside is thought to have a significantly different composition than nearside, due to its effect as a 'meteor catcher'. Plus, its much more beat up from meteor impacts, with few suitable large landing areas.

I noticed the article mentioned the communications problem. During the Apollo missions it made for some tense minutes when the orbiter would swing around the back side and be out of contact. It sounds like a significant amount of infrastructure will need to be in place before the manned effort.

NC

[edit on 19-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
I predict it's barren just like our side of the moon, merely dark. It would be fantastic if there was alien life there and we all see it on TV. I highly doubt it though. Would put to rest a lot of theories and such.

- Nazgarn

It is pretty baren, as seen in the following pic. And no, it's not dark all the time. It gets just as much light as the side that faces earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
perhapse the greys have finished what they were doing and moved on, thus "giveing permission" to go there. or mabe even have gone under ground.

also what is to stop them from hideing anything that they find with "stratigic malfunctions" with equipement. especialy if they have a time delay on any brodcasts.

untill the average man can go up and explore then we can never be certain that we are getting the whole picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsite
Isn't that a spot where the greys are hiding/residing currently.

That's where their old base is, or so says Richard Hoagland.

I also heard teh greys gave them a good "don't come back here or else!" the last time we went up.

That was before a string of Republican presidents shoveled untold billions of dollars into beam weapons research. The next time we go back to the Moon, particularly the far side, we'll be loaded for bear, and ready to kick butt or chew gum, and we ain't taking any gum!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I use the NASA World Wind program and can pull up hi-res scans from the surface of the farside. All this data comes from the Clemintine Sat. and the detail can be amazing.

One thing I notice from the program is that you can't get a clear view of any of the Apollo landing sites, they're very dark.
And on the far side of the moon there are many swaths that are blacked out.

If anyone wants an image from a particular area or crater just let me know, I'll post it here.
There is also a thread about the program that I posted some pictures in.
It will show you what kind of resolution you can get.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join