It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cancer and heart disease proof diet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Proof no matter the genetic or environmental factors. Heart disease and cancer take 2/3 of Americans who die each year.

Is anybody, including certain doctors, hiding any information?

I do not imagine there is a nuclear-warhead-detonation-proof-diet yet.

One belief of mine is to save plants AND animals or animals AND plants (what did that cow or apple tree do to you?).

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is most likely no diet that would eliminate completely the risk of cancer or heart disease. There are certain portions of the human genome, dubbed oncogenes, which can be randomly activated by environmental pollutants and certain viruses which have been shown in studies to greatly increase the chance of cancer and in some cases, actually induce tumor formation.

There are certain populations, however, which show incredible longevity and low rates of both cancer and heart disease. I don't know if the Italian National Georgraphic is the same as in USA, I imagine it is, but a few months ago they did a wonderful article on some of these populations. They included the Sardinians and Okinawans, and another I'm forgetting. It seems the key to their longevity was daily exercise, a healthy, i.e. non processed, diet and family. It was a very interesting article and I suggest you read it if you can find it. It was in the Novermber 2005 issue.

~MFP

new topics

join