It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Open Challenge (MUOC)- Winners Announced!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I realize that this must sound like an incredibly selfish request -and it probably is. But, in my thinking, better to ask and have a possible "yes", than to not ask and have a defininate "no".

I don't know if any other contestants are in a similar situation or not, but April 6 is creeping up awfully fast. I am in the process of moving, which is a rather big job, and that along with medical problems, and a couple of other nusianaces, try as I am, I just don't think that I will have had time to put together anything worthy of submitting in the next 3 days.

Any chance of extending the deadline a bit?

If not, I understand, and will still do my best to get something submitted, but thought it might not hurt to ask.

Thanks,

CyberKat

//ed for spelling//

[edit on 4/3/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Approximately how long would you need?

As well, if other authors need the time, feel free to speak up.

DE

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
DE, that is awfully nice of you to consider my request. I see that no one else has spoken up, so they are probably all ready to go. How would you and the rest feel about a 3 day extention? Until April 9th? If I can't make it by then, I certainly wouldn't expect the rest to wait any longer.

If you decide to grant the 3 extra days, please only do so if there are either others who need the time also, or if no one minds. I would really hate to hold everyone up if I'm the only one, then I write a stupid story.

Maybe.....I don't know. Now I feel as if I shouldn't have asked at all. Why don't you keep April 6 as planned - unless there are any others that need more time. O.K?

Sorry to be such a pest.

CyberKat

[edit on 4/4/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Errr...okay. Not a pest, a valid request. Make the attempt to participate. April Sixth is still the date to have your entries in by. My apologies, CK.

DE

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This sounds like fun, I might give it a go. The song I'm thinking of is mostly instrumental.

and Mr. Wupy, you can upload a podcast and remove it from your feed at,
www.abovetopsecret.com... so you could reply to a thread that way, I guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Errr...okay. Not a pest, a valid request. Make the attempt to participate. April Sixth is still the date to have your entries in by. My apologies, CK.

DE

Will do my best!
(not a one liner, BTW)

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The deadline of April 6th is upon us people. Tomorrow seems to be the deadline so hopefully we see a few more submissions over the next day.

Once again, good luck to all those involved.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just wondering - it's early in the morning April 6th where I am. I hope I made it in time. I see that my story is underneath Worldwatcher's "Showcase of Winners" post.

I hope that it will still be included in the contest.

O.K. Thanks.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You made it, cyberkat.

That said, it's the 11th hour...in a fairly literal sense. Get those entries in, people!

DE

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Where are the winners announced at?

Ive been looking and have not found anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, it was real close, and truly enjoyable to read. Me and WW had a hell of a time judging this, but here are the results:

First Place: Footsteps, by Loam

Fantastic. Highly descriptive, to the point, and emotional. Also, perfect spelling and grammar.

Second Place: We have a tie for second.

Proud to be an American by mrwupy

For What It's Worth, by Flatwoods

Third place: End Transmission, by mojo4sale

Alright, now we have the bonus round!

The Bod Award for Exemplary Mod Entry goes to...intrepid! He was probably a spellcheck away from forcing us into a hundred-point marking scheme.

The Golden Greenhorn Award for Best Newcomer goes to...Flatwoods!

The Tearjerker Award for Entry That Made the Judges Feel Like They've Been Punched in the Gut By Ten Clowns goes to...Vagabond, for Blood.

Those who are listed above receive an honorable mention, and 500 point bonuses. Well, except Intrepid, because mods don't care about points. Loam receives the 2000 point bonus, 1000 + bounty to Flatwoods, 1000 to mrwupy, 750 to mojo4sale (thems some discretionary points in there,because I was impressed), plus 500 to Vagabond, and 50 to torbjon for excessive use of fishing imagery.

I was quite impressed by everyone's works, to be honest. And, to display my fondness for everyone who participated, I had a SPECIAL BONUS made!

Winners of awards and who used fishing imagery get the honorable mentions, because I say so. Everyone else, I hope the use of above sig tags will be proud and otherwise boastful.

Enjoy, everyone. that's the point. I had fun, I hope you all did too.

DE

[edit on 7-4-2006 by DeusEx]

[edit on 7-4-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Very nice award for the winners.

Congrats to all those on the podium and a thanks to the judges for donating their time.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great job and congratulations to all. Can't say there's any story here that I'm ashamed to come in behind.

All the same, I do kind of feel like whatever mild frustration I have with not coming in first has been vented by the fact that my story made the judges feel as if they'd been punched in the gut by clowns lol.

(incidentally, I took the full version of blood into my writing workshop the other day- the part I wrote for this contest was unanimously found to be one of only two somewhat weak links. If you haven't seen the full version, check it out. More will follow, along with probable editing of some of what exists.)

[edit on 7-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yeah for the guy that won

this is number twenty

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
First Place: Footsteps, by Loam

Fantastic. Highly descriptive, to the point, and emotional. Also, perfect spelling and grammar.

I would like to personally thank all my friends at Diebold!

On a more serious note, what an honor... Thanks, guys. And thanks also to the other winners and participants!
I really enjoyed reading all the great entries...

...and I didn't think anyone would actually like my story...

Thanks, again!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
points are cool, points are great, honorable mention badge? Priceless *dreamy*

First time fish slime every scored me anything other than a trip to the showers.

Congrats to Everybody. It takes real guts to wear your heart on your sleeve and share your artistic soul with the world... as far as I'm concerned, everybody that participated is The winner.

This was fun... soooo looking forward to the next contest *grins*

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
absolutely wrapped to even be mentioned in my first outing with you guys and gals ,but third place, to say im stunned would be an understatement. congrats to all as i really enjoyed reading all the submitted stories. what a bunch of talented people here on ats. cant wait for the next comp.

on a side note looking forward to reading more from Vagabond..

Cheers
M4S

(edit to thank D.E for a great concept, and thanks for the kind words).

[edit on 7/4/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This was a very good contest, the entries were exceptional even by the standards that have already been established here.
to all that participated.

I can't believe I came in second. That is truly an honor. Thanks to the judges and everyone else that read and enjoyed the story.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ive only been here a short time and from what ive read so far and the feed back from other members i dont think you should be too surprised mrwuppy. well done, i look forward to further literary wrestling matches with you and all the other talented wordsmiths. any feedback you or anyone else cares to offer now and in the future would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
M4S

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Excellent choices. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all those who entered into the contest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join