It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran now has controll over both sunnis and shias now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
looks like our influence to the muslim world is growing fast and quick, because of our controll in iraq and were going to help them form a new government this should make us gain alot.....

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- The Sunni Friday Prayers Imam of Azad Shahr said that all the Sunnis voice support for the Islamic Republic ruling system and do their best in order to help their Shiite brothers bring progress and honor to the country.

Speaking to FNA in the northern city of Gorgan, Akhound Khojmali stated that unemployment of the youth is the main problem in his city, adding, "the attention President Ahmadinejad's administration has shown to the problem and government's decision to accelerate the construction of the industrial district, which was approved by the cabinet, can solve the problem to a large extent."

He also reminded that the presence of the President in the region would certainly accelerate the planning and development of civil and provincial affairs.

The Friday Prayers Imam concluded, "enemies always endeavor to devise plots to divide Sunni and Shiite brothers so as to impede Muslims' progress, but vigilance of the Islamic nations will make their plots fall flat."

www.farsnews.com...

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/3/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Your control?

I see Iran has 300,000 troops in Iraq now eh

You think the US will just let Iran run the country? I doubt it

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hmm, I guess the Sunni and Shia here in Baghdad didn't get the word, since they are still at each other's throats. This fight is not so simple as Sunni vs. Shia. It is also about family vs family, tribe vs tribe, etc.

BTW, the well educated Sunni and Shia I talk with seem to get along well, and want nothing to do with Iran.

join