It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best PC game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What do you think is the best **PC** game ever made?
Like a lot of people I'm a hardcore computer gamer and just want some ideas on what games people like and recommend so I could give them a try.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yeah, like this post has never been done before. I am suprised nobody has thought of it before...

:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Have you ever played Starcraft? Thats really the only PC game I play. The rest of my games are Xbox 360. Starcraft is great. Thats all I can say.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
EQII rocks.

I love those fantasy games, I was about to get the new LOTR online game, but it seems to be too hectic.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I've always had an affinity for Civilization type games. The latest Sid Meier's Civilization IV is pretty cool. Way way better than CivIII.

If you prefer something more fast paced, something 3D and first person, the latest incarnation of Thief is very nice. What I like about it is that it's not like your typical 3D first person games where you just shoot-em-up kill the bad guy yada yada yada. You actually gotta strategize and be careful. The less you kill the better. Very cool!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
BATTLEFIELD 2!!!

Best FPS ever made by man

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I choose halo. Halo is just a great game all together let alone be played on the computer.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Personally, I think that Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Edition is the best game EVER. I have a feeling Unreal 2007 will surpass it though.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
C&C Zero Hour, the feel of crushing some n00bs base with a single Emperor Overlord cannot be beaten, it makes me feel all evil and powerful every time I do it.

Also, unloading hundreds (literally) of Bomb Trucks into an enemies base through a surprise tunnel is funny.

Definately the best PC game.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wasn't much into Zero Hour... but I absolutely loved Red Alert 2.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
RA2 is amazing as well, but I like ZH more because it's more serious, for a quick n00b abshing though, RA2 can be fun.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Half-Life 2, of course!

I never did get Half-Life 1 though. I like its story a little more, but it's so tedious! You have to unload a full clip (50 bullets, in the SMG's case) on the marines to kill them! :bash:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hmm...I dont know if it's really the best...but i would go with HALO. Halo is a sweet game to play on the computer becasue you get new weapons and new maps. Another cool game is Stronghold Crusader.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Diablo - Lord of destruction

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cojo
Hmm...I dont know if it's really the best...but i would go with HALO. Halo is a sweet game to play on the computer becasue you get new weapons and new maps. Another cool game is Stronghold Crusader.

Pfft. You get ONE new gun, the Fuel Rod Gun, and you get it in Halo 2 anyway. Not to mention Halo PC's horrible frame rate...

I run at about 10-15 FPS average! It's very frustrating! :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Supreme Ruler
HoI 1
HoI 2
Janes Fleet Command
Homeworld

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Stronghold Crusader is fun, and agree on HL2, and Starcraft, even D2 LOD, but the best?

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War with expansion pack Winter Assault. Me and some friends play that game all the time, hear it started out as a board game, but don't care. I got this game cause I saw a friend playing it and it is like Starcraft but bloodier. The graphics are better, and the violence, oh to see the Bloodthirster bite the head off a Ork is magic!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Cashflow 101
Cashflow 202 (bit harder)

Both by Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad etc...

Wish i could put it in practice though

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I could have sworn I'd already posted this, but I can't seem to find it. Hence a possible repeat: Jagged Alliance 2 is most definitely my favouritest bestest most likingest game yet, even though it's a bit old.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Championship Manager, the best football managment game ever! I swear anyone could spend days playing it and not get tired!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join