It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

global warming 'past the point of no return'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i had a feeling this would pop up in the news one day and here it is, no matter what we do to save energy it doesnt matter anymore because planet earth is screwed over from all the co2 and pollutants. in my newspaper it said
"even if all industrial activity stoped immedeatly, the pollutants would still be around hundreds of years later."
they talk alot about the melting icecaps in this article "The greatest fear is that the Arctic has reached a 'tipping point' beyond which nothing can reverse the continual loss of sea ice and with it the massive land glaciers of Greenland, which will raise sea levels dramatically."
dont ya just wish we could have done something about this sooner?

heres the link
www.climateark.org...

heres what should have been installed in every car made instead of the god forsaken gas motor
www.howtoadvice.com...

well what are your thoughts of this troubling news?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
That's really good news. I have way too much snow in my yard.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Regrating is for the weak. What happened happened, know try to come up with a salution

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
That's really good news. I have way too much snow in my yard.

its really bad news actually because not if, when the ice caps melt enough, your yard will be completely under water along with your house and maybe your country too from the flooding as a result of the caps melting... get the picture people? ice goes down, water comes up...

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Let's just hope that Yellowstone super-volcano erupts soon then, plunging us into a nuclear winter and putting an end to global warming once and for all

Seriously though, even if CO2 levels are responsible for climate change, and continue to rise, it'll still take a few centuries for the Greenland ice sheet to melt. Plenty of time to move New York inland

Recent increases in the melt rate, and the decline of arctic sea ice, are probably due to natural variations in the North Atlantic Oscillation and the Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation - which have combined to amplify the warming effect. Expect to see a decrease in the melt rate and a slight recovery in sea ice over the next decade.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
But this was a fact which was going to evolve. If you read about the Great Barrier Reef in Australia youll find the same information. The earth is getting warmer and warmer and the climate changes are the testimony to the effect. De forestation to the effect to accomdate the human pollutation needs is another factor which adds fuel to the damage being caused. I hope measure will be taken by intellectuals within communities to assist in correcting the mistakes which have been made. I do not have a problem with a mistake. Everyone of us has made one, but it is the information gathered from the mistake and trying to take responsibility for our action which counts the most. The leaders of our world are too focused on prosperity and advanment in technology that such important aspects are pushed down the order of priorities. I hope this is not the case and we see some changes soon. I do know that there are some great organisations out there doing some good work to highlight the issue, but what the future holds, i guess we all will be present to see what happens, i hope it doesnt happen too soon....

new topics

top topics

join