It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman writes White House: Did President knowingly sign law that didn't pass?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Congressman writes White House: Did President knowingly sign law that didn't pass?

Representative Henry Waxman (D-CA) has alleged in a letter to White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card that President Bush signed a version of the Budget Reconciliation Act that, in effect, did not pass the House of Representatives.

Further, Waxman says there is reason to believe that the Speaker of the House called President Bush before he signed the law, and alerted him that the version he was about to sign differed from the one that actually passed the House. If true, this would put the President in willful violation of the U.S. Constitution.

The full text of the letter follows:

This guy just doesn't know how to color within the lines at all, does he?

Maybe he should attend his own "No Child Left Behind" program and try to get it right over the next three years....

Oh, that's right, I forgot he conveniently managed not to fully fund that program, didn't he?

I guess you're out of luck, George.... And, unfortunately, so are we...

:shk:

[edit on 16-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sounds like they must have gotten the wrong version sent up from the Congress. Saying he's in "willful violation of the Constitution" is a bit overboard...I mean the President can sign whatever piece of paper he wants to, it's just not going to be a law unless it was passed properly by the Congress, no?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
of course nothing will come of this....and how could he sign the wrong bill?!?!? if he did......and i wonder how it affected the economic numbers concerning the budget and medicare?...with the track record of this govt..how could one not think it was intentional........................

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Sounds like they must have gotten the wrong version sent up from the Congress. Saying he's in "willful violation of the Constitution" is a bit overboard...I mean the President can sign whatever piece of paper he wants to, it's just not going to be a law unless it was passed properly by the Congress, no?
I think its because he's going to do things his way and doesnt give two hoots about anything at all.

top topics

join