It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Bottom Line?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Pictures, stories, i got loads. Maybe some are not for ATS, but there is one story i posted after he get back from Iraq. Its among ATS somewhere, as are the pictures.

Do post some pictures, I think others would be interested also.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yep post umm pictures, yeah that's what it was.

Just a bump for this thread 'cause I think it's a good thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Thank you for your responses.Thought this would have more activity.
Maybe is it paranoia?

Not paranioa, but simple apathy. If it isn't on the list of top post, alot of folks won't even see it. Some of us are more discerning.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Pictures, stories, i got loads. Maybe some are not for ATS, but there is one story i posted after he get back from Iraq. Its among ATS somewhere, as are the pictures.

Do post some pictures, I think others would be interested also.

OK, as requested.
This is the link to the story. Its 18 posts down.

This is the link to the images. They are not graphic........

The actual thread with the story is worth reading too.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Not paranioa, but simple apathy. If it isn't on the list of top post, alot of folks won't even see it. Some of us are more discerning.

I can relate to that.Our time on this orb is limited, so IMO, we need to be choosy what we read, especially books as wisdom is a 'felt' more than than a reaction.Discernment is not easily learned or taught.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Thank you for the pictures and the heartfelt post.
Both of these should be seen as what they are, smiling children and the war is hell side effects.
I know how proud you must be and what a wonderful Dad you are.
Tears are the way we can cope and cleanse..Thank you again for sharing.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Bottom Line?

Curiosity mainly...

I am interested in what other people think about "things" in general; but especially in what people believe about the future, and how it causes them to interpret the present. The whole "lens" thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I am interested in what other people think about "things" in general; but especially in what people believe about the future, and how it causes them to interpret the present. The whole "lens" thing.

Me too, as in all I have listed, they are all intertwined, and one can put them all together and come up with a Belief system that we each have to choose from. ATS being a smorgasbord.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thank you for the pictures and the heartfelt post.
Both of these should be seen as what they are, smiling children and the war is hell side effects.
I know how proud you must be and what a wonderful Dad you are.
Tears are the way we can cope and cleanse..Thank you again for sharing.

The thanks are not for me, but for my son and all who have served in Iraq.
In a way, i am glad that i have hopefully brought some perspective to ATS through his pictures to some of those who thought it was all guns and gore.

Proud is too smaller word for how i feel. It is indescribable what i feel.

There is a better side to things, we just have to find it........................

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

There is a better side to things, we just have to find it........................

^5, especially now as we only have to watch news for any given day and hardly if ever hear any feel-good news.
What makes me proud is that the US and UK are at it again together..

And military families like yours..

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

^5, especially now as we only have to watch news for any given day and hardly if ever hear any feel-good news.
What makes me proud is that the US and UK are at it again together..

And military families like yours..

Thanks for your sentiments. It does mean a lot coming from a total stranger from, maybe, across the other side of the World.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Thanks for your sentiments. It does mean a lot coming from a total stranger from, maybe, across the other side of the World.

At least from across the pond.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

1-Aliens-ufos-believer or skeptic
2-Death-life issues
3-Metaphysical studies
4-Mediumship
5-Esoteric studies
6-Scientific matters
7-Total skeptic of it all

1- no, not really...although when I first came here, I was interested in what the leaders of the UFOlogy scene had to say. I always figured it was highly improbable that we are alone in such a vast universe. I've been an avid Science Fiction reader during my teens and that 'sense of probabilities' stuck with me. But, it's not what brought me to ATS.

2, 3, 4 and 5- yes, these are the things which truly cause me to stay awake nights and read like a fanatic. Religion held a fascination for me since I was a toddler, mainly because of my grandfather, the minister, and his hold on my father. Certain experiences throughout my life only firmed up my belief in spiritual matters.

Life and death, metaphysical and esoteric studies, plus mediumship are all of the same topic for me. I'd have to include philosophy and ancient history into that mix as well, because it all runs together like different coloured dyes thrown into a vat of water (imo).

That's what brought me to ATS and makes me want to stay here.

6- Science is interesting to me...in fact I read Scientific American quite a lot, but it doesn't fire my imagination like nanotechnology and astronomy used to.

7- I hold my skepticism at bay until I know it's time to bring that dog out of it's kennel. I believe it's a healthy trait, but best held at bay until I'm sure of myself.

Nice thread, siriuslyone...

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am an open-minded skeptic.

And still more skeptical than open-minded.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nice thread, siriuslyone

Thank you, very adroit posting of answers.I tried to lump it into categories..

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

And still more skeptical than open-minded.

Love skeptics as they make the best believers.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hmmm, I think my bottom line after almost a year in here is experiencing people who care.
We care, that's it. A good little spot

Biker Thank You, I don't agree with what we are doing but I support our troops because they are doing all the dirty work. Be Proud.
WIS

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hmmm, I think my bottom line after almost a year in here is experiencing people who care.

Yes, I agree, if the truth were known this site has saved many who are going through dark nights of the soul, as they can come here and feel the compassion so many here have.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yes, I agree, if the truth were known this site has saved many who are going through dark nights of the soul, as they can come here and feel the compassion so many here have

I have to agree there. What brought me to ATS was a real interest in subversive thought, anything not mainstream. I have always been interested in Ufology, the paranormal and definately government conspiracy. But what suprised me the most and what keeps me here is the intellect and depth of it's people, the many wonderful writing and debating styles (many very serious and complex, others just downright hilarious) But certainly the compassion, the human aspect, is what I never expected amongst a bunch of conspiracy nuts...heh. And there is such a wide, diverse cross section of people here from all walks, all nationalities, all religions, you are always able to get a different point of view from your own. Plus it is entertaining as hell
Interactive entertainment, hours and hours worth.

Plus every now and again you will actually LEARN something. Lot's of great people on this site. The only downside is that ATS is quite addictive and if you are not careful you will lose an entire day of your life doing nothing but reading through old posts. Not a waste of time if you enjoy yourself, I suppose, but not a good idea in the work place..lol. At least on here you are actually required to think every now and then, and that can't really be a bad thing. Cheers

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Plus every now and again you will actually LEARN something. Lot's of great people on this site. The only downside is that ATS is quite addictive and if you are not careful you will lose an entire day of your life doing nothing but reading through old posts. Not a waste of time if you enjoy yourself, I suppose, but not a good idea in the work place..lol. At least on here you are actually required to think every now and then, and that can't really be a bad thing. Cheers

Yes, it is like a 24/7 shrink, doctor, ar a good place to get your butt kicked

I often wonder if the PTB know how much aid they are providing to any/ all types of souls and at ant/ all stages of growth..nice post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join