It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Earth aint alone???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Global temperatures are on the rise, polar ice cap are receding. But wait im not talking about planet Earth im talking about Mars. It seems Earth aint the only planet in the solar system that seems to be going through global warming. Seems our red planetary neighbor Mars is going through much the same thing.

Yet there is no man made gases being pumped into Mars atmosphere, no SUVs no Powerplants
Could this be evidence that Global warming is atleast in part a result of increased solar output and not just factors such as increased heat-absorbing carbon dioxide gas released by various human activities?

solar output increase

Suns do indeed get hotter as they grow older. Our sun "Sol" is thought to get about 10% hotter every billion years. Earth life seems to have a slow cook off for its ultimate fate.

Mars warming
link1

link2

link3

link4

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All the planets in our solar system are undergoing a global warming, from Mercury to Pluto.

This is part of the reason why some members and I believe that human activity is not the main cause for global warming, even though it surely does not help to dump chemicals in the oceans, and gases in our atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I didnt know about the other planets going through a warming as well. That makes this even more interesting. I agree pumping chemical into the air cant be good but man if the sun is really increasing solar output we are pretty much powerless. All the Kyoto treaties in the world wont mean squat. The combined resources of the entire earth would be like throwing a spit wad at a Mack Truck.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I like global warming. I want my country to go tropical. I HATE cold weather and I can't stand it any longer
I just wish global warming would come faster.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
I like global warming. I want my country to go tropical. I HATE cold weather and I can't stand it any longer
I just wish global warming would come faster.

Easy for you to say, you aren't living in a tropical country! I can't get through the day without taking at least 3 showers. As I am typing this the temperature is 35° C, that's 2° below body heat and the humidity is quite high. Don't know how high exactly but it's overcast right now, rain expected later in the evening.

Trust me, it's better to be in a cold country and have lots of warm clothes to bundle up in than to be in a hot, humid tropical country and feel sticky and sweaty even when you're not wearing a shirt.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I guess there could infact be some good things as a result of global warming. If enough of the ice caps melted it would open up the fabled "North West passage" which would be the most important shipping lane in the world.

It would also make access to much of the Artic regions vast natural resources much easier. Some people estimate as much as 1/4 of all earth's remaining natural resources are tied up in the Artic.

A tropical Canada would also be pretty nice.

It wouldnt be all bad I guess and Im 100% sure humans would survive even all the ice caps melting. Its going to take alot more then a slow 270ft sea level rise to wipe humans out we are very adaptive.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

join