It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are You Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If you are the summation of your own chosen path, or
conciously motivated lifeline as an awareness, as a
being, what then are your goals? Your real goals?

I mean, is everyone so self important that in their
blindness to everyone else, that they forget everyone
else is the majority? By numbers alone it is evident that
we will destroy this world in our time as a species in
existence. That is irrelevant. We will all die. That is irrel-
evant. We suffer, we delight. This is irrelevant. Within
existence we are a unit of existential totality. Thus our
each individual 'role' or part in the play is our contribution
our testament to forever. How can people leave eternity
with the impression they are an as**ole? How can they
live with themselves?

Who are you? You had better decide, not for just yourself as that would be selfish and self-serving. You can serve others
AND self together you know. If everyone reduces their vision
and peels away the layers of topicality, they face their emotions.
If everyone served everyone else we would all be treated as we
all want to be. NO ONE has the right to act as they do not appreciate acted unto by another. If you disagree, then never
complain to another's ears over injustices you have enacted upon
others. Put up or shut up. Fighting over individualistic ideals and
variation is stupidity. Know thyself.

Who are you? I know who I am.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Another thought provoking post... thanks....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
How can people leave eternity
with the impression they are an as**ole? How can they
live with themselves?
Know thyself.

Who are you? I know who I am.

Good Post Lucifer. I completely understand where you are coming from and do indeed agree with you about the value in Knowing Self and why it is really the most important thing everyone should Know before moving on. I have often wondered why people seem to have purposely left a legacy of Discusting Deeds behind in their name. While they seem to be men of specific character I also wonder if they truely did Know Their Self and Why that is so important. I find it hard to believe that someone with the understanding as I have come to Know MySelf, as I imagine you also Know, could possibly be of the same Knowingness. This would lead me to the conclusion that the "A**H*les" as you put it probably have never tried Knowing Themselves or perhaps purposefully avoided it. It's very likely such people never will either as it presents no immediate value and has a hidden value to all others who haven't come to Know of it's reward. It's hard to figure out who to pitty most, those who live a life Lost and Full of Fear and Never Knowing Thier True Self, or those who are Trampled under the Marching Feat of those Angry Lost "Shells of Empty Men."

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is *your* opinion, your feelings, which is rather ironic considering the point you are stressing. I do not feel the way you do. You seem to have a very pessimistic outlook towards the world..I do not. Wars have been fought since the dawn of man and they will continue, I can assume. This has nothing to do with me, or you as an individual. Sure we are like a grain of sand that makes up a mountain or dune and some may feel overwhelmed by this like they are nothing but tell me, how many grains of sand taken away would change that dune? If you answered 1, then you would be absolutley correct...we do make a difference, all of us, every piece.

If you can do *ONE* thing in your life to better or even prolong someone elses, you have done more then you might actually feel, you have made a difference in this world, if you can help one person to a better more positive path, you have made a difference..Life is not about the big things we spend our time dwelling on, it IS about the little things we so smugly let pass by us each and every day...

If I can help myself to be a better person, with a better outlook on life, then I have done my part..because I can become contagious and infect as many people around me or in my life as I can..it's that simple, yet we *ourselves* make it so very difficult..

Magestica~

new topics

top topics

join