It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China have rejected proposals from the United States demanding that Iran clear up suspici

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
bush has increased the amount of sanctions to iran but how long will he keep going when russia and china keep rejecting his proposals?

Russia and China have rejected proposals from the United States and other veto-wielding members of the U.N. Security Council for a statement demanding that Iran clear up suspicions about its nuclear program, diplomats said Monday.
The dispute raises the threat of an impasse in the Security Council and means that the U.S., Britain and France may not get their wish for strong action by the powerful U.N. body. They believe such a text could further isolate Iran and help compel it to abandon uranium enrichment, a process that can produce fuel for a civilian nuclear reactor or fissile material for an atomic bomb.
But British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said Monday that Britain also wants the Security Council to go one step at a time, leaving the door open to restart negotiations with Tehran if it reverses course and expresses a willingness to suspend its uranium enrichment program.

www.miami.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Honestly Mehran, I dont know. I will say that things will go on like this until someone inside Iran decides that its better to work with the international community than go against them. Which would solve this whole "crisis". Why is it so important that Iran do this alone, and to not allow a full run at all nuclear facilities. Its kind of worrying, especially with the revelation not too long ago Iran had a secret nuke program for 18 years. Its really about obligation to their signature on the NPT. This is my view of course. I have no animosity toward the Iranian people, but have much contempt for the Supreme Council. Who have been the enemy of the US since day one, but thats only part of the puzzle. This seems to be an issue of pride more than an issue of saving the world and Iran a conflict, which militarily Iran can not win. Russia and China are merely getting in the way to protect their interests, which is expected, they both have much invested in Iran. I dont feel that what they are doing is wrong because they are doing what any country would do, and thats look after numero uno. But Russia may be a swingable vote.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Mehran,

That article said nothing about China and Russia...

Iran is not going to recieve any military support from China or Russia.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Iran also just rejected Russia's latest nuclear offers.

Russia is starting to find out what the rest of the world has been dealing with the last couple of years. Iran does not want anything but to enrich their own for nuclear weapons.

Irans is clearly starting to take a long walk down a short pier...

[edit on 14-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeoldehomer
Mehran,

That article said nothing about China and Russia...

Iran is not going to recieve any military support from China or Russia.

I'm not sure about that mate. China's largest energy related investments are with Iran. It makes sense that they would back them if conflict came around.

As with the Russians.. It was them that finally supplied Iran with the nuclear fuel for Bushehr. So it will be interesting to see wether this spent fuel will make it back to Moscow (as the Russians have promised).

Cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hey Mehran, might want to make sure you post the correct links to the quote next time, so here's the story that was quoted: It's US vs China, Russia -AP

Iran plays the oil card:

Iran will revise oil deals if necessary: Minister

So it wasn't much of a suprise that China or Russia doesn't want bend over for the Bushco empire building game, especially when they hold lucrative contracts with Iran.

Russia confirms missile defence contract with Iran
Russia - LUKOIL TO EXPLORE A GIANT DEPOSIT IN IRAQ
China, Iran may finalise oil deal in March
Big Shift in China's Oil Policy

Russia and China didn't go along with the Iraq invasion either.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

top topics

join