It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They said this guy invented the cell phone and it's not true whatsoever...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I got home tonight and flipped on the TV like normal, changed to the History Channel and they had the show on about William Shatner and how "he changed the World". I was stunned to see them give credit to a Marty Cooper, for having invented the cell phone.

I suggest everyone go to the History Channel and tell them just how wrong they are.

History Channel

It was Nikolai Tesla who invented the cell phone. He had a patent for it, in 1907.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Whoah, How I love tesla, and actually didn"t know anything about the cell phone....... was this after or before the AC-Microwave-Radiowave invention (or rather use)

Nikola Tesla has over 700 patents owned by the USA, I so wish I had access to these!

Ok heres a question for you, I will do some research on it though, what is the frequency cell phones operate at, ie transmit through the air.....

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
They usually use UHF...They're in the GHz section (or THz if existant). Considering the distances they have to travel that wouldn't suprise me, from any given tower.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I watched that History Channel show too, basicaly Shatner was crediting every latest inventions in the world to Star Trek. That was silly. If you ever read Slashdot you will understand what I mean, basicaly you have a bunch nerds thinking the world revolves around them, and they think they invented everything. They are wrong. ATS members knows that every new technologies was introduced to the public by secret governments and brough to earth by outerspace UFOs.

And cell phone are transmitting in the frequencies 800 MHz, 1.8 GHz, and 1.9 GHz. Technically it's possible to listen to analog cell phones in 800 MHz bands with a regular radio scanner, but doing so is illegal in USA, so don't do it kids or the cops will come for you. It's not publicly known how to decode digital cell phones with a scanner in 1.8 GHz and 1.9 GHz bands, except for the GSM protocol. It's possible to decode GSM cell phones with a scanner plugged into a personal computer and some programming skills, it's publicly known how to break the GSM crypto.

Some cell towers are linked togheter in 30 GHz bands, this is line of sight microwave so forget about listening with your scanner and you would probably fry your scanner if you put it in the microwave beam.

Whao, Terahertz that's high! Weeee! I don't think the FCC did assign any THz bands to anyone to this day. The GHz freqs have enough trouble getting through walls, would THz freqs get through a piece of paper?

[edit on 13-3-2006 by ufia]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can't belive so few people care about the fact that the History Channel is basically re-writing history how they want it.

Is there no one out there, that cares that they're creating more and more lies, and selling it to the ignorant mass public?

top topics

join