It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At last - The truth about Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Found this article on Katrina. Now, I know that there has been some critical comments about our governments actions, or lack of, with regards to Katrina, but for me, there was never the outright condemnation there should have been.

Please also note the image on the top right hand side of the page of the dead black person which the media refused to print! Read and let me know what you all think.

www.ricenpeas.com...

MOD EDIT: Please do not use all-caps in thread titles. Please read this: ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

[edit on 3/11/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
good article.

it hits the nail with the 'where's the balance in the news'. even though we did see coverage of holding the people who dropped the ball accountable, how long did it take for that to happen? they sure jumped the gun whenever anything negative was brought to light, but when asking questions and getting answers about how did the govt. show lack of response and why, it was much further down the road.

heck, this week we saw the webcast of pres. bush getting briefed about the storm and being told that it could possibly be a huge disasters down there but in the days later he was on tv telling us no one had any idea it could've gone this bad.

it's funny how they didn't release this in the wake of the event, but months later when katrina is an afterthought.

lies lies lies lies lies .. it's disgusting.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just the other day I was wondering why I don't see more about the devastation in New Orleans.
I watch the news all day and they aonly show a little coverage.
I want to see the part of New Orleans that still needs to be reconstructed.
I heard on the news the other day that they are finding more bodies in houses now.
Why did it take them so long to find these people.
People are still missing.
I live in Florida and it makes me wonder how things would be if a "Katrina" hit us.
I forget the name of the storm but there was one that was headed directly for Tampa and at the last minute it turned and hit a city below Tampa.
I heard that 50,000 people were washed out to sea with that storm and I didn't hear that on the news.
My nephew owns a Tree Service and he went to this city and he told me that there were so many refrigeration semi trucks there and everywhere he went he saw these big red X's spray painted on buildings and mobile homes and where there was an X there was a dead body.
I sure hope New Orleans doesn't get anther storm this season and I hope Florida is safe to.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Just the other day I was wondering why I don't see more about the devastation in New Orleans.
I watch the news all day and they aonly show a little coverage.
I want to see the part of New Orleans that still needs to be reconstructed.

you must not have watched the news on Lundi Gras or Mardi Gras. The morning news shows were all broadcasting from NO. They all did stories about the concept of holding a party while there are areas that still have rotting junk all over the place.

I heard on the news the other day that they are finding more bodies in houses now.
Why did it take them so long to find these people.
People are still missing.

thjey took a brief pause to prepare and celebrate Mardi Gras which, even in it's shortened form, lasts for a few weeks. (I'm kidding - the red tape and corruption probably plays a major role here)

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes , I did watch that and I think that having this big celebration was not appropiate.
Madi Gra is , in my opinion an evil celebration.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Madi Gra is , in my opinion an evil celebration.

while I don't think they should have done it this year, they did need the revenues it brings in and, having spent a few years in NO, I can say that Mardi Gras is far from an evil celebration.

The bible toting jesus freaks had more fun on bourbon street than anyone else and once they let go a bit, they partied harder than most.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If they wouldn't have had mardi-gras then the 1/3 of the area hotels and restaurants that have been able to open up would have been forced to shut down.
It's hard enough for people to work down there right now because there is no housing available and very few places to find a decent meal.

Now that the distraction caused by mardi-gras has come and gone, does it mean that the government and state are just two weeks behind schedule in rebuilding the city?
It should be common knowledge for the people that are so interested in New Orleans that the majority of the businesses in the city would not exist if it were not for mardi-gras. It is their 'lifeline' .

Just keep your fingers crossed that next year Mother Nature will strike with a bigger storm a little bit further west and flush the N.O. toilet while destroying the petro-chemical industry along the Mississippi River.
It's not as if we can repair the damage we have caused or contain the amount of toxins and infection that our vessels presently hold.
I believe it's past time that the reality behind our diseases are fully exposed.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
First of all, I am not a Bible toting Jesus freak................

Second of all, maybe they do need the revenue that this generated but it really didn't seem very appropriate in light of all the devestation and human suffering.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

First of all, I am not a Bible toting Jesus freak................

I didn't mean to imply that you were. simply pointing out that the folks that often call it evil party the hardest.

my apologies for the miscommunication

Second of all, maybe they do need the revenue that this generated but it really didn't seem very appropriate in light of all the devestation and human suffering.

while I do agree that it would seem insensitive to party amid the destruction, this is New Orleans. They have musical funeral processions that wind up turning into parties. They have festivals (read excuses to party) for everything under the sun. Cancelling the gras would have been so out of character for the city and its people.

new topics

top topics

join