It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Techniques?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was wondering if someone would be willing to share their meditation technique or point me to a website or ten that would have decent techniques on them. I have a strong desire to "re-awaken" some abilities I've repressed. I used to be able to do a little thought reading and have short glimpses into the near-future (usually no more than 24 hours), but repressed or forgot these abilities because when I was younger I thought it was wrong to be different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
there are many good techniques. one is the breathing technique where you simply relax your body and concentrate on your breathing, another good technique, which sounds kinda weird but for the most part works. is you do the same as above, exept on exhalation you emit a "Om" or a "Hmm" sound, which is usefull because it fibrates your body, and ALL of you cells feel that fibration. and your body feels relaxed, and energetic, as if you just gave your cells a wake up call. i know a couple more, but i dont want to take up a lot of space. if you are interested i strongly suggest going to the following websites. www.crytalinks.com, www.meditationcenter.com, and www.spiritonline.com
well i wish you luck and if you have some more questions you can just U2U me. have fun.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't have any experience with these techniques, but I figured I would post a few links for you.

Breath meditation

Thought watching

Basic techniques

More basics

Hope this helps you!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sogyal Rinpoche sets out many good techniques in his book.

It's called " The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying"

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Do you think a lot of people have had "abilities" that they either repressed or were talked into believing they were wrong for using them? I have a sixth sense that allowed me to foresee the exact time of my grandfathers passing. When it came to pass, the whole incident caused me to "turn it off". I too want to regain what I have lost. 12 years is a lot of time to make up for not using it though.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thank you all for your postings of techniques or places where I could find them. Yes darklanser, I believe that a lot of people "abilities" that they repress or are talked into beleiving they're wrong for using them. One of my younger cousins had or may still have abilities similar to mine, but when his mother found out, she had him drug off to a minister and then to a psychiatric evaluation about it. I feel this is probably what happens to a lot of people who openly discuss them.

top topics

join