It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Zappa argues against censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here is a link to a video from 1986 of Frank Zappa on Crossfire making a great arguement against government censorship of music.
Zappa Video

Most interviews I've heard with Zappa have been a little out there, but in this one he is very composed and he nails the government censorship arguement on the head.

I know a lot of people on here will probably side with his opposition on this subject, but I hope that those who watch it will at least listen to what he is saying first.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yeah! Go Frank! I haven't watched the vid yet but i remember the story like it was yesterday (rubs chin wistfully. .)

that was when he took on the p.m.r.c. which was led at the time by Tipper Gore, wife of Al, wasn't it?

Everyone thinks Frank was so out there, but he didn't do drugs, stood up for people (ala the censorship issue) and wrote a bunch of symphonies too.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Beautiful. I can't see how anyone can not love this guy.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That Lofton guy was scary. And the debate - well, it reminded me a little too much of some of the debates here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A quote from an earlier thread of mine I thought you would appreciate...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by twitchy
With the miracle of DNA, we could feasibly clone and remake a true american hero, one who could retake the soverignty of the nation back from those coporate dogs of war and lead the new generations to freedom, like you know, REAL freedom man....

The One... The Only...

Frank Zappa

A patriot...

Dynamic...

So who is with me? If the DNA thing don't work out we'll start printing press releases about his long overdue Martyrdom and start organizing the movement.

top topics

join