It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look for the Devil in Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It seems to me, if you want to look for what is really evil in this world then you will find it in many of the popular world religions which are practiced at your local church, mosque, temple, or what ever you happen to call the building where you get together and discuss religion of some sort.

Judge a man by his deeds and not his words. By his love or lack of it.

Evil is in all of us, it just has more of a hold on some than others.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The Anti-Christ will be a man that appears to be a "Man of Religion" by many accounts.

He will appear to have the best interests of mankind in the forefront ofhis thoughts.

So, it is not unrealistic to find the devil or anti-christ posing as a man of the cloth.

Look to the church before the church comes looking for you!

- One Man Short

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
According to the Bible, everything Satan does is a mimic of God. Satan cannot be God but tries to offer the same, and does, to an extent. God offers the Heavens with Mansions, Satan offers the Earth, with Mansions. God is triune, (Father, Son, Holy Ghost), Satan offers the same (Beast, Dragon, Anti-Christ). God offers riches by faith in Him after this life, Satan offers material riches right now. That's the great Deceiver.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youngblood_USA
God offers the Heavens with Mansions, Satan offers the Earth, with Mansions.

That's a good theory but a little too Old Man Creator vs Red Horned Devil for me.

God is triune, (Father, Son, Holy Ghost), Satan offers the same (Beast, Dragon, Anti-Christ).

The Trinity is an interesting shape no doubt. The Pyramids seem to reflect this idea. It is a basic and very strong force of nature. Again though, old man vs horned animal/man imagery.

God offers riches by faith in Him after this life, Satan offers material riches right now. That's the great Deceiver.

I don't know. Are all devil worshipers rich? I'm pretty sure they are not.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sure, I'm not necessarily implying all satan worshipers are rich, however everything evil in this life seems to be "good". For a small example, I'd say the majority of the people LOVE Coca-Cola. Even it's advertisement is great, good, funny, even pretty. It's almost comforting..the good ol' American drink, coke! Is it good for you? No! Drinking, partying, etc. etc., all nice and fun, the in thing to do, but aside from the moral aspect, it's physically harming. If not from the risk of a fight, or someone being raped, or takin advantage of while being drunk and getting an unplanned pregnancy, it's not good for the liver. But we all do/or have done it. It's tempting and calls our names from birth, doesn't make it good for us.

[edit on 3/9/2006 by Youngblood_USA]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sure, I'm not necessarily implying all satan worshipers are rich, however everything evil in this life seems to be "good".

You seem pretty confused. I don't see evil things as good.

For a small example, I'd say the majority of the people LOVE Coca-Cola. Even it's advertisement is great, good, funny, even pretty. It's almost comforting..the good ol' American drink, coke! Is it good for you? No!

And your point is? Coke sux. I have one on ocassion but it certainly has no hold over me. The only reason I drink it at all it that much of the time there are few alternatives that are any better.

Drinking, partying, etc. etc., all nice and fun, the in thing to do, but aside from the moral aspect, it's physically harming. If not from the risk of a fight, or someone being raped, or takin advantage of while being drunk and getting an unplanned pregnancy, it's not good for the liver. But we all do/or have done it. It's tempting and calls our names from birth, doesn't make it good for us.

Having a good time is good for you. Drinking is not evil, in fact if done in moderation it has now been proven to be good for you. The key is control and moderation. Pretty much anything can be bad for you. But most things, if done in moderation are not harmful.

An unplanned pregnacy, I can't think of anything that would be more natural. What makes you think that a "planned" pregnacy is somehow better? Nature doesn't work that way. I think society puts too much judgement on natural happenings.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't see how you can say a young woman in a club/bar that gets knocked up while she's intoxicated, later throws her baby in the trash is natural. To me that's the non-caring parents that don't know where there children are or what they are doing. People do nothing in moderation these days. Almost everything is abused.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Look for Satan in Church. Wow

How about"Look at yourself!"

Satan is where we put the little guy.

You want to find him in church,he is there. In government? Yup, he's there.

Between your ears? Only if you let him.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Look for Satan in Church. Wow

How about"Look at yourself!"

Satan is where we put the little guy.

You want to find him in church,he is there. In government? Yup, he's there.

Between your ears? Only if you let him.

Yes, exactly. Evil potential is in all of us. It seems to me the "church" tends to
draw people with more a disposition towards evil. Maybe that's why they're
there, perhaps they are attempting to compensate for the evil they feel in
themselves.

I've always thought church was kind of creepy. Especially after I was a little
older. Now, I no longer go. I don't think any of those people view the
universe as I do. Especially as it relates to God.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The evolution of the uncovering of babel brings on the end.
The anti is just the person who takes the other role to give duality. Without a + or - what do you have. Sometimes there is good out of bad but its better not to understand.

If you all opened your senses and were filled what would you be? Nothing.

Kill a tree to make a house.
Kill the house to make a heaven.

Than again if all things are possible with God why was it written about the anticrist? Next why are we just not in heaven now?

Logic of foolery you be the judge.

I imagine it is not just the anti that brings it on himself its all the surrounding actions of the world. Loss of faith,peace and false belief.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by nsawantsmedead]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of something. Check this out:

Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and in certain bishops' chanceries. It was what knowledgeable Churchmen called the 'superforce.' Rumors, always difficult to verify, tied its installation to the beginning of Pope Paul VI's reign in 1963. Indeed Paul had alluded somberly to 'the smoke of Satan which has entered the Sanctuary'. . . an oblique reference to an enthronement ceremony by Satanists in the Vatican. Besides, the incidence of Satanic pedophilia — rites and practices — was already documented among certain bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South Carolina, in the United States. The cultic acts of Satanic pedophilia are considered by professionals to be the culmination of the Fallen Archangel's rites. (p. 632)

Friar Malachi Martin, the Keys of this Blood

also by the official exorcist of the Vatican, Archbishop Milingo:

"The devil in the Catholic Church is so protected now that he is like an animal protected by the government; put on a game preserve that outlaws anyone, especially hunters, from trying to capture or kill it. The devil within the Church today is actually protected by certain Church authorities from the official devil-hunter in the Church -- the exorcist. ... To the question, 'Are there men of the curia who are followers of Satan?' Milingo responded, 'Certainly there are priests and bishops. I stop at this level of ecclesiastical hierarchy because I am an archbishop, higher than this I cannot go.' Milingo cited papal statements to back up his charges. 'Paul VI said that the smoke of Satan had entered into the Vatican.'"

-- Archbishop Milingo

Indeed, the best place to look for the devil is in the least probable place.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
While I cannot speak for all churches - i can speak for mine. When one wishes to "Judge" a particular faith - one must judge it by those who actually practice what it teaches.

It is very easy to look at someone who claims to be this or that faith - but does not practice it and then blame that faith.

My Faith has produced the likes of St. Vincent DePaul, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Clare of Assisi, St. Francis Xavier, St. Theresa, the little flower, St. Anne, St. Thomas Moore, St. Patrick, St. Valentine, St. Edmond, St. Stephen, St. Sylvester, St. Simon of Trent, St. Bernerd, St. Dominic, etc..etc...etc...

My Faith brought about the first orphanages to care for orphaned children, the first hospitals that catered to the poor, the first monks dedicated to solving the problem of world hunger - who were the frist to genetically alter food crops to produce more viable crops and end world-wide famines.

My Faith brought about the first people who gave up all to serve the sick and poor - the people that no one else would even go near - the lepars, etc...

My Faith brought about the first people who actually practiced the virtue of loving ones enemy.

Now it is real easy to quote and believe the enemies of this Faith and bring up things like the Crusades and the Inquisitions - but if one actually studies these historical events - one would find that the Church was right to do what she did - in the part that she played.

It is real easy today to look at the headlines of those who CLAIM to be "catholic", while protecting child rapers and homosexual perverts - and blame the Faith.

The church that occupies Rome today is NOT CATHOLIC - there has not been a valid and legitimate Pope since Pope Pius XII. John XXIII, John Paul, John Paul II, and now Benedict are all anti-pope heretics.

The Catholic Faith that has existed since Christ instituted it is now a remnant under the few valid and legitimate bishops that are left that are not heretics. The apostacy that scripture warns of has happened - it began with Vatican II and continues till this day and the abomination unto desolation is still being offered in place of the true Mass, etc...

But there are still true Catholics left in the world and the true Mass is still offered and will be till the end of time.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
While I never believed in the papacy or it's precepts (I'm not Catholic), I will have to agree that "something" has changed recently to the worse. I know for sure many cardinals are blatantly secular and unfit for the position of hotdog vendor much less Vicars, but I suspect that (as Malachi stated) the "superforce" has entered the scene. I know JP 1 was killed for sure, and Ive heard rumours that JP 2 was in reality an imposter placed in the 70's by the traitors in the Curia. Something just isn't right, why would JP 2 (heretical as he was) visit an assembly of Voodoo priests in Haiti, or receive the mark of Shiva in India? I don't think Ratzinger is any better also.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nakash - all one need do is a cursory look at communism until the early '90s.

Clergy that opposed communism and remained faithful to the teachings of the church were murdered or imprissoned in communist block nations. They were NOT given exist visas.

anti-pope John Paul II was granted an exist visa to leave Poland - a communist block nation - numerous times - not the least of which was to leave and attend the bogus and invalid Vatican II Council and to take the position as "pope".

Do you really think that soviet russia would have allowed him to leave Poland if he was truly someone who fought against communism?

John Paul II was a Polish communist Jew - a fifth column clergy member!

an anti-pope.

All of this has been foretold in Scripture.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, the degeneration of institutional Christianity was indeed predicted, I also keep the possibility of a "Dark Pope" appearing open. Too many strange things happening in Rome, and the RCC abandoned Christianity a long time ago. There was in 1997 (or 1999, I have to check) a series of murders involving exorcists, I have been attempting to find something on this (to no avail- maybe because most of them were anonymous in their trade for obvious reasons). If you want to hear about the state of the Vatican at the moment, I suggest you get Malachi Martin's books, they are excellent, he knows the system inside out having been JP 2's advisor.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
According to Thomas Crowne, this is the last time a thread will be moved out of Conspiracy and to Theology without a warn being applied.

Look for the new thread to be stuck at the top of Conspiracies in Religion explaining this.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

According to the Bible, everything Satan does is a mimic of God. Satan cannot be God but tries to offer the same, and does, to an extent. God offers the Heavens with Mansions, Satan offers the Earth, with Mansions. God is triune, (Father, Son, Holy Ghost), Satan offers the same (Beast, Dragon, Anti-Christ). God offers riches by faith in Him after this life, Satan offers material riches right now. That's the great Deceiver.

ive herd of the part ware god offers mansions, but what i think he actuly means is i will offer you time, memory, many colours, many distances, "much life" if you understand what im saying?.

top topics

join