It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE Port Deal Dead!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
People state they had no problem with the UAE port deal. You have to be off your medication to not be against this deal. It is not because they are a mid-east nation, it is because it is a state owned company and we should never have a state owned company purchasing American ports.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense

Now is it a bad trade off??

You bet it is..........but that is why Bush and company has been so adament about this going through with this........

The US really allows themselves to get their nuts in the ringer by playing off Middle Eastern countries against each other and then the chickens come home to roost............

March/April are going to be tense times folks............

your line of thought makes total sens, i have suspected of that myself. What i don't agree with is that the USA is playing Arabic nations agaisnt ecahotehr... they dont need our hwlp to do that ... they have been fighting amongst eachother for centuries, to see who becomes the top dog. The only 3 things they agree on is Allah, The Evil infidels ( americans and non-fanatical muslems), ... and for soem reason i forgot the 3rd ..

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well for one thing, we hear DP world DP world...who exactly are these people? We have heard statements, but I find it odd we dont see a spokesman on camera..or has there been?

I bet it would have looked really bad when you show who they are and they cant even speak english...so they tried to push it through in a hurry.

Its not about speaking english though, its not about race.

Like we're seeing though The American people have decided..so what if congress is after votes..wouldnt anyone do the same?
being against what the majority wanted kindof sucks dont it

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
People state they had no problem with the UAE port deal. You have to be off your medication to not be against this deal. It is not because they are a mid-east nation, it is because it is a state owned company and we should never have a state owned company purchasing American ports.

I agree, but it also has to deal with the fact that the UAE (or any other foreign power) does not need to know anymore inner workings of our ports than they already probably know. I really find it hard to believe that there are no American companies that can do this job, or that are willing to do it. Maybe there were, but they were just shut out.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

I have a situation that I faced that might clarify the UAE's interest in running U.S. ports. You would be suprised what you learn in school.

Economics is more than profiting from supply and demand--it also enforces national security by giving foreign powers stakes in the success of domestic interests.

I believe that the Bush administration recognized the importance of the UAE being directly involved in control of U.S. ports. The UAE was willing to risk a great deal, economically and politically, to pursure their interest to buy control over U.S. ports.

If foreign powers are given the opportunity to invest in the United States--it shows their willingness to risk their investment for the survival of the United States. A foreign power willing to invest in the United States would be unlikely to become an enemy of the United States.

"Unlikely" does not suggest that the foreign nations investing in the United States wouldn't be willing to suffer economic and political losses. However, profit-seeking cartels would be better allies of the United States than those with nothing to lose.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
*claps* You guys called it, great job. I didn't really expect them to be caught between a rock and a hard place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join