It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiction is reality in another dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here's a thought. What if every thought you have, every book you've read and every dream is not just in your mind? What if everything you think actually happens in some other dimension? To you it may just be fiction, but the characters in the book you are reading, or the thoughts in your mind may really be experiencing what you are imagining. What happens when you move on to a different thought? Does this existence continue on without you? This sort of responsibilty would have a profound effect on what you thought from this point on, wouldn't it? I think the movie the 13th floor touched on this concept with virtual reality. It's a mind boggling concept. We may be creating new worlds every day.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
God can see all the different futures that are why he changes it so man stays in touch with him and man lives on from self-destruction. Or satanic influence that nearly killed mans bloodline off as in the times of Noah and Babylon.

God does what you are explaining here that is why you seem to think his way as we are like him too. We just do not have the power to create it and maybe only God can if you meet him for real. He may show you what happens in all the alternate futures and unborn people who could have been.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have had the very same thought, and a very profound thought it is.
I believe all things have a reality on some level.
A novel or a movie for example, can be considered a dimension with laws and properties peculiar do the said dimension. When one reads the novel or sees the movie one has visited/experienced that dimension, and to go further, part of themselves can remain in that dimension once the main experience is over. This maybe what memory is.

This can also apply to an individual's thoughts.
Regarding responsibility. Another reason to think good thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Technically if there are an infinite number of realities/dimensions, then there is an infinite number of possibilities. Time and space has to accomidate for the fact that I might decide to randomly throw my arm up for no reason, or outburst in the middle of public where I shouldn't, or even mundane things like what clothes you decide to wear. Going even smaller, the exact place you put your foot in one dimension may land on a bug, where in another dimension you might not and it may mutate into some giant creature that takes over the earth. Even smaller than that, things like the precise location that your microscopic flakes of skin fall.

It has been said that an infinite number of monkies typing on typewriters for an infinite amount of time will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare. This is true... think about it. It's all about combinations, and there is an infinite number of them.

Of course, if you believe in fate, than there is only a single line that you can travel down. Whereas if you don't, there is an infinitely complex number of variations that you may take.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I believe the game series of myst is tied in with the creation of different worlds through writing a whole history and culture and what not.This is a good topic that kind of ties in with the belief podcast thread i am currently part of.

This way of thinking can pertain to our world and reality aswell,bringing to mind about prophets perhaps creating the future as apposed to seeing it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There is actually a thread I saw here in ATS in the last week which relates to this sort of thing called Dream Reality. It speaks of someone who, night after night visits an alternative reality which appears to be continuing while the author is awake during the day. Very interesting read.

top topics

join