It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone used Zener cards before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Zener cards are used in testing ESP. I was wondering if anyone on ATS has used them and what was the circumstance.
Are there specialty stores to buy Zener cards?

www.wejees.net

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have never used them in real life, but I've done lots of online tests that simulate Zener cards. In fact, there is one right on that link you provided. I'd just go for the free online versions.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wouldn't "real life" cards be better for testing?
Online tests might be okay for predicting but you lose the ability to test for telepathy, no?

BTW Yarcofin, how well did you do?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have my on and off days. Sometimes I can get well above 50% for something that should be 1 in 5, or 20%, while other days I am actually less than what I should statistically get. My opinion is that everyone could have an ESP skill, but I just haven't trained enough to really harness this ability, and focus hard enough.

I haven't tried with real cards so I couldn't say how they compare. I think physical cards would be harder.

I did pretty badly on the test on the Wejee site. I think it was mostly the fact that they displayed all of the images at once. I know it's making excuses, but I just don't like how they lay out their tests. Mind you, I am also quite tired and have a lot of distractions going on around me.

But I have done a "talent test" for the Institute of Noetic Sciences, where I did a formal 5000 trial test, after being invited for my performance on the Gotpsi.org website. (Which I think are some of the best tests on the Internet.) I guess I must have some sort of skill, to arouse the interest of PhDs.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I tried something similar to zener cards a few years back, by taking a regular deck of cards, taking out the ace through five of each suit, then shuffling them up and trying to 'sort' them by suit by only looking at the backs. Doing that, I should have gotten about a 25% success rate. I don't remember the exact numbers I had, but I do remember that I actually had less than 25%, but I probably didn't do it enough times to be statistically significant. I suppose that kind of test is strictly not an ESP test, though, but something else, since there was no second person to ESP off of.

I just tried that Weejees test for 100 times and got 18 right, and the average would be 20, so that's normal. Interestingly, in the first 36 of those, I had only 1 correct

new topics

top topics

join