It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

silly question time

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Has any one got any idea how large the Nimrods MR2/ 4A's bomb bay is?

Pictures would be nice!, size, load out etc etc

RAB

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This big. Thats all I can do for now I'm afraid. If I can track down something morew specific I will return

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well, don't know about the size... but here's some info of what it can carry...

WEAPONS

BAE Systems is collaborating with Boeing to develop the Nimrod MRA4 Tactical Command System, a variant of the Boeing TMS-2000, as the heart of the overall mission system. Nimrod's tactical crew will operate seven reconfigurable operator workstations each with large high-resolution multi-function colour display screens.

Nimrod MRA4 is equipped with a stores management system from Smiths Industries which carries out inventory tracking and control, air-to-air and air-to-sea weapon control, and built-in test and fault diagnostics.

The aircraft has a weapons bay with side opening doors at the bottom of the fuselage which can carry fuel tanks, torpedoes (including the Tigerfish torpedo) and sonobuoys. Ultra Electronics are developing an improved version of the passive localisation Barra sonobuoy with digital signal processing. The new wing has two additional hardpoints, providing four weapons pylons for the carriage of Boeing AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles or AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles from Lockheed Martin and Raytheon.

Sidewinder is an all-aspect short-range missile with maximum speed over Mach 2, for defence against hostile aircraft. The AGM-84 is the air-launched version of the all weather anti-ship Harpoon missile, with a range over 50 nautical miles and a high subsonic speed.

new topics

join