It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Plans Cyborg Sharks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Project Agency) has taken another page from science fiction writer William Gibson's book by creating a neural implant to enable engineers to remotely manipulate a shark's brain signals. This would eventually allow them to control the animal's movements and possibly decode their perceptions.

Given that sharks have senses that humans don't have (like the ability to sense electromagnetic fields), it could open up some interesting uses"

Link to Site Of Info

I think the Military is going a little bit too far. They are starting to use sharks for military use by implanting things in them. I dont think this should be allowed to happen

would you want someone to be able to control you through a simple implant? no? do you think that shark they could be controling using an implant wants to be conrtolled? I bet he feels the same way you would.

It gets to be very sad when we use animals to do our own military work now. instead of sending in Human beings, lets send in the mind controlled birds, that will throw them off.

What is everyone elses take on this subject?

Rekar

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Could we also theoretically do this with other animals? Like ants? If we did this to a queen ant we could have it do whatever it does to control the ants and ants as a group are very powerful things? Or dogs? I dunno...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i would say, eventually, yes. But why would you want to do something like that to begin with?

Would you Want to be controlled by another person?

apc

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Some think PETA will have something to say

Stealth sharks to patrol the high seas

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hmm, didnt see that thread.... hmm.

thanks for pointing it out

top topics

join