It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I would like to hear some scenarios about what would happen to our religeons if aliens were revealed to be true by the government.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah. Bring back all the religiouse figures and have a battle Royal type game in place the winner becomes are new GOD and Beliefe. Then again Suicide bombs would not be alowed.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I was just thinkig that religeon would fall apart, becase we would have to have the same god as the aleins, and that would mean jesus would have had to died on thier planets too.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If aliens landed on the white house lawn tomorrow it would only strengthen my faith. Jesus said the end times would be "as the day of noah". Noah’s time was unique because the sons of God (aliens?) descended to earth and cohabitated with woman (Gen 6). So for ME it would only convince me further that the bible is true and is divinely inspired. Interesting question I’m glad you asked it. I’m curious to see others views on the subject.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well yeah.... I hope religion has no place in the future. I can't wait till that day. Till that time comes there has to be a better form of controle too keep us humans from doing stupid things like pushing "The red botton that says do not touch". Hense how doing good is the best way in life, and evil is well we got the picture. Religion in my sence was a stone age form of controle too keep people under controle. King, Chosen one, Pharoe, Jesus, God, Hindu ect.. in the long run it kept people thinking twice about there actions and how it intertwined with there beliefe. Eat Pork, nope I'm jewish... that's one example of the many many do's and do not's of all religions and Cults on this Small planet called earth.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I personally think that religeon was created as a way to control humanity, with out religion, it is a fact that the world would be in Chaos.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
religion is reacting, at a disclosure pace which I believe is non chaotic. From what I gathered the aliens have been intervening, but not at the mass level you think they would. Religion is just a belief system for the sheep with unsophisticated belief systems. The nature of people who believe the world is suspended upon a huge tree, will probably still believe the world is suspended upon a huge tree even after the aliens landed. As for those denominations who believe ufos, alien phenomena are of evil origin, like demons for instance.. will be in shock. Until then I'll be in a state of wait like the rest of you.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Religions is the one that cause chaos. How I hope that a UFO will land in front the the white house. Haven't you all heard of riot because of religions. Such as between Chirstians and muslins or non-believers and believers.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Anybody here ever consider that "aliens" might really be Gods and not the other way round? If "Aliens" revealed themselves most people would probably take that view. I doubt religion would be exterminated.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
what would you do if you found out everything you beleived in was a lie?

Many religeos people would claim they are some kind of demons or whatever i think.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Aliens? Religion? Neither have anything in common. My religious beliefs wouldn't change if aliens came.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I agree with everyone else. Religion is just a way to keep people in order. I mean most people believe in there religion without even questioning why they believe it. But I do believe as humanity gets older and smarter they will start questioning religion. Just look at us disscusing this now. 100 years ago the mere thought of questioning the religion your were raised on was forbidden. People wanted to follow there traditions without even really wondering why they believe in it. But when humanity finally opens its eyes and starts to think and give up these primitive thoughts, the scientific age can officially begin.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
I was just thinkig that religeon would fall apart, becase we would have to have the same god as the aleins, and that would mean jesus would have had to died on thier planets too.

I believe in both God and Aliens. I can not believe that we are the only planet with life in the universe! I explain it to myself that God created life on many planets?....... or it sounds kinda dull I don't know I am confused

DanielsNews.com

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
see the Spanish Inquisition post... it goes over why the Sumerian documents were burned for that very reason... it would destroy much of Christinaities dogma.

top topics

join