It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney:Iran Will Not be Allowed Nukes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliophile

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Afghanistan a big mistake thats a new one to me. If Bush didnt go into Afghanistan after 9-11 the public would have cruicfied him

Atleast Forty-nine countries were publicly committed to the Coalition there. Countries like Canada, Australia, France, Germany, New Zealand, Demark even friggin Japan sent troops

These are some real war mongering countries on this list

We are already mired in two battles that we cannot win. Bin Laden is still at large and the resistance in Iraq is showing no sign of fading.

That would be why Iran or Iraq is a mistake. Im still failing to see why Afghanistan was a big mistake

Afghanistan isnt some huge problem. Compared to Iraq, the violence in Afghanistan is minor. It most parts of it its actually appears relatively peaceful.

266 combat deaths throughout the hole invasion in Afghanistan . The Soviets would have been dancing if they had that body count for trying to take Afghanistan.

This is a country that sent the last Super Power that tried to invade it packing. They killed 22,000-15,000 Soviets

It would have been like the Soviets invading Vietnam after the US and losing only 266 men it would have been unheard of.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Cheney talks alot but doesn't really back it up much. I'm still waiting for Omar and/or bin Laden to be captured. In the mean time the U.S. is out countless billions of dollars and have lost over a thousand soldiers. The last thing we need is a third unsuccessful war.

#1. We don't decide whether Iran can have nukes or not. Our leaders need to mind their own business.

2. Who could blame Iran for wanting them? Look who their neighbors are. They are near the likes of Russia, India, Pakistan and not too far away Israel. Pakistan and India were on the verge of nuclear war not too long ago. Pakistan is one very small revolution away from having a bunch of nukes in the hands of radicals. And Israel is run by nutjobs with an itchy trigger finger. Find a better way to keep an aggressor out than to have a few nukes. Nobody around you is going to attack knowing you can strike back with nukes. No western force will invade with fleets in the gulf knowing you can take out their navy with a single shot. Its a good defense. Whether some governments like it or not. It is Iran's right as a sovereign nation. There will be war mongers that just feel we have a god given right to invade anyone that doesn't see things our way.

[edit on 3/12/2006 by Indy]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
2. Who could blame Iran for wanting them? Look who their neighbors are. They are near the likes of Russia, Indiana, Pakistan and not too far away Israel.

I'm sure their most worried about Indiana. Hoosiers and nukes are a risky combination. It's hard to trust a state with three time zones.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'm sure their most worried about Indiana. Hoosiers and nukes are a risky combination. It's hard to trust a state with three time zones.

Yeah thats right! I'd be worried about Indiana if I were you
We'll plow your fields whether you like it or not. lol

Typo corrected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join