It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney:Iran Will Not be Allowed Nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Vice President Dick Cheney today said that the international community is allied against Iran in its efforts to develop nuclear weapons. Russia has offered to work with Iran to enrich uranium in Russia for Iran's nuclear power program, but Iran has balked at that offer. While there has been some differences between US and Russian policy with regard to Iran, the US backed the uranium enrichment collaboration and the Russians now appear to be closing ranks with the US with regard to Iran's nuclear weapons program and they have admitted that Iran's ultimate goal is nuclear weaponry. The White Hose emphasized a wider range of concerns about Iraq, including the sponsorship of terrorism and the repression of Iranian citizens.

www. nytimes.com
During a speech in Washington at the annual gathering of the nation's top pro-Israel lobbying group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, Mr. Cheney volunteered his assessment of Iran as continuing to defy the world with its nuclear ambitions and said that the United States was keeping "all options on the table."

"The Iranian regime needs to know that if it stays on its present course, the international community is prepared to impose meaningful consequences," Mr. Cheney said.

At the White House, President Bush's chief spokesman, Scott McClellan, said the Iran leadership "continues to move in the wrong direction. We have made it very clear, as well as the international community, that Iran needs to suspend all its enrichment-related activities."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Currently, the US is working toward securing a UN Security Council rebuke of Iran for its effort toward building nuclear weapons. Iran has proven it cannot be trusted, as it has hidden its nuclear research in the past and they have refused Russia's proposal for an enrichment program on Russian soil. It is rare to see the international community as unified as it is in this matter. Even China is in accordance with the international community.

I would hate to see the US and its allies put in a position of having to attack Iran, thus destabilizing the region and the world even more, so I am hopeful that diplomatic measures can convince the Iranians to cease and desist.

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com
english.people.com.cn
www.cnn.com
www.voanews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Iran Seeks to Mate Missile, Nuclear Warhead:UPDATE 11/19/04: Disclosures On Iran Unverified
Iran's Nuclear Threat...
CIA Director Porter Goss: Iran Has Nukes
WAR: Iran Says Nuclear Freeze Won Last Long

[edit on 2006/3/7 by GradyPhilpott]

[edit on 11-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
well, given the disruption and changes which have resulted from our current operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, post-9/11, I would hate to think of what the "fallout" from a militatary response to Iran would be, both domestically and for the region at large.
At times, ancient philosophers opined that nature had lost it's vitality and was in decline, that the world was growing old. I wonder what they would think of our day?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What blathering nonsense. No amount of denunciations from Castro, Chavez or the UN can even come close to the consequences of allowing those dopes in Iran possess to a nuclear arsenal.

Absent some successful diplomatic effort (unlikely), attacking Iran’s nuclear program is the only rational course of action.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wish I could share your optimism, Grady, but I can'r see anything that would change Iran's current course except for pain.

The older I get, the more violent the world gets, and the less gets resolved. It seems that our increased violence is signalling a reverse evolution.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
And let's not Forget the following THREAT:

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse

It has nothing to do with Nukes.

It has Everything to do with Business.

The Nukes are just for the Public - a Distraction, a Diversion.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The day Iran has a nuclear weapon, is the day it is launched at israel.

Iran has absolutely no wish to see Israel exist one second longer than it can be helped. Just look at the Iranian suicide bomber payment scheme in Gaza and the west bank. Look at the beirut embassy bombing and the support the Iranians give world wide to islamic anti western terrorist causes.

Iran with a nuke would be like Nazi germany in 1944 with a nuke. It would be used the second it was ready to. was stopped then, and needs to be stopped now.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And let's not Forget the following THREAT:

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse

It has nothing to do with Nukes.

It has Everything to do with Business.

The Nukes are just for the Public - a Distraction, a Diversion.

Yes, and the last I had heard was that Iran was going to launch the Iranian Bourse this month (March '06).

The nukes will be the excuse to escalate hostilities.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I wish I could share your optimism, Grady, but I can'r see anything that would change Iran's current course except for pain.

I know how you feel jso, but I do remain optimistic. I am, however, realistic and understand that other measures may have to be taken.

This just in:

U.S. President George W. Bush on Friday called Iran a "grave national security concern," but said he sought a diplomatic way to cap its nuclear goals.

At the United Nations, the five permanent members of the Security Council ended a meeting on how to persuade Iran to suspend uranium enrichment-related activities, but there was no sign they had agreed on a statement.

"You begin to see an issue of grave national security concern," Bush told a newspaper group. Therefore it's very important for the United States to continue to work with others to solve these issues diplomatically, deal with these threats today," he said.

today.reuters.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe that the international community will eventually come down on one side on this issue. We have already seen that China and Russia are ostensibly urging Iran to stand down.

Failing that, a couple of cruise missiles will do the trick.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The day Iran has a nuclear weapon, is the day it is launched at israel.

I would think that would be true. The only thing that would deter them would be the response. I doubt seriously that the US would hesitate even one second to respond with an nuclear attack on Iran, if that were to happen. Others would likely do so, as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes we got a war coming!

So who is going to be an ally of Iran in this struggle? Is it possible that Iran will face the US and Israel all alone?

If they are going to attack it will be soon because they did it in march last time and they don't want to wait until summer. maybe we will see it within 30 days.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Anyone who doesn't know what an Iran Oil Bourse is should read this. Anyone who is mournful or jubilant over the demise of America should also read this.

www.atimes.com

[edit on 2006/3/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Very interesting article, Grady. Sort of what happens in that game where you whisper something into someone's ear, and they pass it on, and... in the end, it's totally unrecognizable from what you whispered to begin the game.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i find it sad iran is in the spotlight when u.s is giving nuke deals to other countries without concent from u.n or am i blind to see that u.s gets what it wants above international laws.oh i forgot it wants nothing to do with the international war court either.were are those dudes that so make the world a sane place to live.we need peace we need ethics because the laws are bent for b.s.......

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There would not be a use for nuclear weapons if there weren't certain people that would actually use them. Mainly used as a deterrant but in the wrong hands it is much more. It's who holds them that makes them dangerous.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
IRAN: Cheney Will Not Be Allowed Guns

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I cannot believe anyone would advocate war with Iran. Bush has already made two huge mistakes in entering Iraq and Afghanistan and now you want him to enter Iran?

We have no business violating the sovereignty of other nations in this way. Are those of you who support these actions insane? You must be. This is complete madness.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is what happens when those guys with the funny hats run washington. We get all kinds a funny things happening. Oh well maybe we will have cheaper gas soon at least the poor slob on the street will get something out of this. After all the billionaire bankers make more billions so they hafta give something back to the people right?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliophile
I cannot believe anyone would advocate war with Iran. Bush has already made two huge mistakes in entering Iraq and Afghanistan and now you want him to enter Iran?

We have no business violating the sovereignty of other nations in this way. Are those of you who support these actions insane? You must be. This is complete madness.

Afghanistan a big mistake thats a new one to me. If Bush didnt go into Afghanistan after 9-11 the public would have cruicfied him

Atleast Forty-nine countries were publicly committed to the Coalition there. Countries like Canada, Australia, France, Germany, New Zealand, Demark even friggin Japan sent troops

These are some real war mongering countries on this list

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Afghanistan a big mistake thats a new one to me. If Bush didnt go into Afghanistan after 9-11 the public would have cruicfied him

Atleast Forty-nine countries were publicly committed to the Coalition there. Countries like Canada, Australia, France, Germany, New Zealand, Demark even friggin Japan sent troops

These are some real war mongering countries on this list

We are already mired in two battles that we cannot win. Bin Laden is still at large and the resistance in Iraq is showing no sign of fading.

We are wasting money and murdering people including our own men and women. For what? So we can say that we are the biggest bully on the block? Oil? It sure as heck is not for freedom.

Our government violated the sovereignty of these two nations. These are not US states 51 and 52; they are separate and distinct entities in the world community.

Our government has no business walking into other countries and murdering their citizens because it thinks we should export our lifestyle. Who are we to dictate to another country how they should live or administer their country?

It is none of our bloody business.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

The only countries given creedence for influence on global affairs are countries with nuclear weapons.

Iran is seeking global recognition for having the capacity of developing nuclear weapons. Iran can only be taken seriously if they can develop a nuclear bomb.

This is a political "shot across the bow" for the global community. Though I abhor nuclear weapons--I am grateful none have been used in war since atomic bombs had been used in World War Two over Japan.

We faced a global turning-point after the Cuban Missile Crisis. We survived--having the collective wisdom to "not" use nuclear devices. This is no different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join