It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light...Not something that we shouldn't be toyling with

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We all want to travel fast. But to me going fast wont slow down or speed up time. There’s just not the proof yet. Yea yea I know that we lunched a clock into space which the time were differ from the one in space and the one on earth but there’s a lot of things that could have reacted on the clock. Lets say the clock was a hand clock, the g forces to lunch a shuttle into space could have a large effect on the clock and also the friction and g forces on re-entering earth also. If it was a digital clock the earth’s magnetic field could have a reaction, batteries may be a little lower power and the solar energy that we get bombarded with every day also…so we don’t even have the proof that it does it.

My invention captures a light beam which sounds impossible but if a black hole can do it so can I. Yea yea I know at a black hole is way more powerful but with all of that gravity uses it destroys light I just want enough gravity and preasure to stop a laser beam from moving so we can do what ever we need to it.

Here's the problem well that’s go back in time first then you will find the problem.
As the universe was a ball of condensed gas with a lot of preasure. Two electrons slide agianst each other, which created the first light (like neon lights). Since there was no way for that light to move due to all of the preasure so I stayed still it exploded and created the big boom. Some think how can light do that. But give me another explanation on how that ball of gas exploded and having two electrodes sliding along each other is the best way to tell how it exploded

Know we go back into reality if I can capture this light I might be responsible for killing everything in the universe. Other then the fact we cant use light to travel light speed it will take a longer time period to travel this fast.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by asala]

apc

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It was an atomic clock. Unless there was something that could affect the vibration of the atomic nucleus, then no... time dilation has been proven. It even occurs naturally, right here on Earth.

Matter traveling near the speed of light experiences time dilation. Fact.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Light's also been captured and effectivly stopped without any explosion resulting...Could even be used in future computers:

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Your subject has a double negative.

Also, you shouldn't post subjects in all capital letters. It is the equivalent of yelling at people.

I'm not even going to address the actual physics of your post, that already has been done.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the news paper man
As the universe was a ball of condensed gas with a lot of preasure.

Calling all of the matter and energy currently extant in the universe compressed down to a size smaller than a Planck length "a ball of condensed gas with a lot of preasure..." has got to be the understatement of the millenium.

Two electrons slide agianst each other, which created the first light (like neon lights).

Electrons are not thought to have existed prior the big bang... discrete atomic particles are not thought to have appeared until after the BB.

Light isn't created by electrons 'sliding against each other.' Light is generated when an electron absorbs a specific amount (quanta) of energy and jumps to the next highest orbital. As the electron relaxes back down to its ground state light is released.

Neon lights refer to this process happening in a specific medium.

Since there was no way for that light to move due to all of the preasure so I stayed still it exploded and created the big boom.

Light can't move in your theory, but electrons can?

Electrons have a mass... photons... at least to my knowledge have zero resting mass, which probably just means an immeasurable resting mass, but if you can measure the mass of the electron, and not the photon, doesn't that suggest that the photon is smaller mass wise than the electron? Why can electrons move, but smaller photons cannot?

Know we go back into reality if I can capture this light I might be responsible for killing everything in the universe. Other then the fact we cant use light to travel light speed it will take a longer time period to travel this fast.

top topics

join