It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And they say religion isn't superstitious...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Right now I'm watching a show on a religous channel on cable. Catholic church channel thingy....

Topic of discussion... Difference's between demon oppression and demon posession.

And they say it's not a superstitous religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Dude, modern science terms are JACKED UP due to religious superstition. Well, at least those in Chemistry.

Oxidation, reduction, solution, sublimation... all from religious inferences from medieval alchemy. I have this book called "The Art of Chemistry" and it covers all this stuff. It kind of pisses me off that we still use these terms, even though they have received new definitions.

EDIT:

As far as demonic oppression vs demonic possession...
So, the latter is when a demon LIVES inside your body and takes it over.
I can only guess that the former is... um... when... a demon... and... um...

LOOK OVER THERE!!!

[scurries away]

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Ralph_The_Wonder_Llama]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt

And they say it's not a superstitous religion.

Surely you do not believe those things they say.

Only the religious say religion is not superstition. The trait of being superstitious is one of those issues in the 'denial' camp. Because once a person realizes they are submitting themselves to irrational and unfounded personal beliefs, they stop. But the initial step is the hardest: honestly questioning and testing said beliefs for structural integrity. And of course, as we all know, religion is totally against all sorts of intelligent and candid query. The reason is structural, once again.

Religion is superstitious politics, IMO. It is 'of the people, by the people, and for the people.' It has little, if anything, to do with God, when it is carried past the introduction stage. All the rituals and praxis, both catholic and various other flavors, is for the psychological comfort of the mortal mind. The Master said it: 'God the Father seeks those who would worship Him in spirit and truth.'

worship = love/adore/honor
spirit = the unseen yet powerful energy of pure active love
truth = plain and unadorned simplicity

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The Master said it: 'God the Father seeks those who would worship Him in spirit and truth.'

Please be kind enough to identify your Master. I notice you are 'sporting' the Yen Yang symbol and binary truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Please be kind enough to identify your Master.

Either you have never read the New Testament or you are baiting me.

I suspect these options based on the next sentence:

I notice you are 'sporting' the Yen Yang symbol and binary truth.

And if you are not,
then I do sincerely beg your forgiveness for making such an assumption. Something I don't often do--unless experience and circumstances call for the risk.

BTW--what does my choice of avatar have to do with any of this, anyway?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Either you have never read the New Testament or you are baiting me.

No, neither. I have read the new testament and I am not baiting you. I am confused on who your master is?

BTW--what does my choice of avatar have to do with any of this, anyway?

Your avatar and binary truth comment is confusing me as to who your master is.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

No, neither. I have read the new testament and I am not baiting you.

Then I truly hope you forgive my rudeness and assumption in the last post--you are the exception rather than the rule.

I am confused on who your master is?

External source: KJV, Public Domain
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(John 4:23-24 KJV)

Those were the words of Jesus.

But why?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Those were the words of Jesus.

I knew those are the words of Jesus, but:

But why?

If I follow, binary truth is used in logic arguments. AND yet, there is only One Truth.

AND when I see you using the Yen Yang symbol, I am confused.

The Yen Yang symbol means cosmic balance. It is a sun symbol. It is the mark of Satan. That's why I ask who your master is. I figure if you have it as your avatar, you know what it means. That's why I was confused.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If I follow, binary truth is used in logic arguments.

I don't know. I don't argue logic. To me, that seems a futile waste of time. Logic just is. God is logical--men believe logic is something that lies apart from God, but in reality, nothing lies apart from God. God is all things and as the Creator of all things, owns all things. God invented logic. Man, in his discovery of logic, arrogantly mistakes his partial understanding of supreme perfection as his own 'science' or 'intelligence.' But all that we have is given by God. Whether we believe in God or not, we are all here by the same process.

AND yet, there is only One Truth.

I agree 100%. That truth is love, it is light. And yet we know there is so-called evil in this world, darkness and hate, too. Are these, then, not 'true' because they are not the One Truth? Or are they just as true, and necessary for purposes seldom seen from our significantly impaired perspective?

Binary means 0 and 1. 0 is infinity=eternity. 1 is unity. There is one truth but it is a faceted phenomenon, and it is of infinite applications and experiences. And it is perfectly balanced, resting in God's steady hand.

AND when I see you using the Yen Yang symbol, I am confused.

Because you are judging. You are impairing your own ability to see by applying your opinions and prejudices in a hasty manner, without consideration that it's possible that you don't know everything there is to know.

The Yen Yang symbol means cosmic balance. It is a sun symbol. It is the mark of Satan.

Maybe we should argue logic, because what you just said is illogical. Totally.

Cosmic balance= the mark of Satan??!?!

Think about that. That's nonsense.

That's why I ask who your master is. I figure if you have it as your avatar, you know what it means. That's why I was confused.

I understand what it means to me. It is just a symbol. Symbols become what we create in our minds. To you, it's a mark of Satan. To me, it is a metaphysical representation of the underlying perfection and purpose of both this world and the next one.

It is duality overcome on the cross, it is Adam and Eve redeemed through the faith Christ and the trust of the Magdalene. It is God our Father and our Mother Earth.

It is lightness and darkness. It is a giving and a receiving. It seems to be rotating---eternally moving in a perfect circle without cessation. The smaller dots inside the bigger shapes represent new life and the rhythmic cycle of energy that brings each spiritual generation into it's season.

God made the sun. It is not evil. To worship it is a mistake--we must love He who made, and care for the things which He made--but we must not invest adoration in the creation rather than the creator. We must not judge others for God using the opinions of man. God knows my heart and He knows yours. The symbols are ours and the responsibility to avoid idolatry is ours, too.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Maybe we should argue logic, because what you just said is illogical. Totally.

Cosmic balance= the mark of Satan??!?!

Think about that. That's nonsense.

I would suggest that you do some research on cosmic balance, but I'm not quite sure it will do any good. You seem too full of the NEW AGE to see truth. I hope I'm wrong.

I understand what it means to me. It is just a symbol. Symbols become what we create in our minds. To you, it's a mark of Satan. To me, it is a metaphysical representation of the underlying perfection and purpose of both this world and the next one.
That's like walking into a black neighborhood with a KKK outfit on and explaining to them what the symbol of the KKK uniform mean to you. The symbol means what it means.

It is duality overcome on the cross, it is Adam and Eve redeemed through the faith Christ and the trust of the Magdalene. It is God our Father and our Mother Earth.
Please, there is no such thing as 'mother earth'. That is a 'new age' lie. You seem to be mixing paganism with Christianity. I guess you think that is balance.

God made the sun. It is not evil. To worship it is a mistake--we must love He who made, and care for the things which He made--but we must not invest adoration in the creation rather than the creator. We must not judge others for God using the opinions of man. God knows my heart and He knows yours. The symbols are ours and the responsibility to avoid idolatry is ours, too.
Lucifer means 'day star'. I certainly am not judging you, but you seem to be awfully confused.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I would suggest that you do some research on cosmic balance, but I'm not quite sure it will do any good. You seem too full of the NEW AGE to see truth. I hope I'm wrong.

Your wish is granted.

As far as the NEW AGE is concerned--is that not our hope through the resurrection?

Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, there is no one who has left his home, wife, brothers, parents, or children because of the kingdom of God who will not receive many times as much in this world, as well as eternal life in the age to come."
(Luke 18:29-30 ISV)

This age is the 'evil' one:

He gave himself for our sins in order to rescue us from this present evil age according to the will of our God and Father.
(Galatians 1:4 ISV)

The next age, the NEW AGE, is promised to be much better:

For it is impossible to keep on restoring to repentance time and again people who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have become sharers of the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of God's word and the powers of the coming age,
(Hebrews 6:4-5 ISV)

That's like walking into a black neighborhood with a KKK outfit on and explaining to them what the symbol of the KKK uniform mean to you. The symbol means what it means.

I'm not black and I'm not a member of the KKK. So therefore that symbol means nothing to me. Not all symbols mean the same thing to all people.

And in the end, they are man-made, not God-decreed.

Please, there is no such thing as 'mother earth'.

Then where do you live? Saturn? I suppose there is no 'whore of Babylon,' either, then?

That is a 'new age' lie.

And that is religious propaganda straight out of the mouth of the two-horned lamb who speaks like a dragon. A standard diversionary tactic in the 'strong delusion' program, as described in 2 Thessalonians.

You seem to be mixing paganism with Christianity. I guess you think that is balance.

How would you know what I think? You're getting what you think mixed up with what I think.
I'm not a Pagan, I'm not a christian. All I care about is what God thinks and what Christ says--it has nothing to do with categories, designations, or denominations.

Lucifer means 'day star'.

So what?

Actually, it means 'light bringer.'
Here
is more on that.

'Day Star' is not a bad thing--it is not new age, not Satan, not evil: read 2 Peter 1:19.

I certainly am not judging you, but you seem to be awfully confused.

Yes, you certainly are judging me. But that's okay. I'm not confused in the least about any of this.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

How would you know what I think? You're getting what you think mixed up with what I think. I'm not a Pagan, I'm not a christian. All I care about is what God thinks and what Christ says--it has nothing to do with categories, designations, or denominations.

The part about not being a Christian is now clear. I thought that because a Christian would not use a symbol of Satan as their avatar. I would have said you were Wicca but you say you are not pagan. Tell me, who is teaching you this crap? I realize that you are a humanist new ager, but can you define your origins further?

At least I have identified your master as Lucifer(whether you know it or not)

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The part about not being a Christian is now clear. I thought that because a Christian would not use a symbol of Satan as their avatar.

Does the phrase "Gimme a break" come to anyone's mind?

The Yin Yang is a symbol of Taoism, also used by some Buddhists. It's not a "Satan symbol", but one of natural harmony.

I think what you've identified is that you need to get out more, and stop picking on the little lady.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The part about not being a Christian is now clear.

Then why does your confusion continue to blind you? I retract my apology--I was absolutely accurate in my estimation of your mind-set. I can almost always see this sort of behavior coming...it's actually detrimental to the idea of eradicating stereotypes.

I thought that because a Christian would not use a symbol of Satan as their avatar.

And you figured I was a christian because I am Christ's? I am a servant and a child of God. I am not religious, I do not follow the bogus teachings of men and ego. I do not let fear and self-righteousness override my un-common sense and in doing so, my path is clear.

I would have said you were Wicca but you say you are not pagan.

Who gave you the authority to categorize or judge me? Don't try to fit me into a slot--it won't work. It's not important, anyway. If I called myself a christian and said all the right things but was hateful and rude, would you find me acceptable in your line of thinking? Are you a christian?

Tell me, who is teaching you this crap?

This 'crap' can be found in your bible. As well as in your heart, if you'd listen to He who is within you rather than those who are authorities of indoctrination.

Obviously you're not Berean, eh?

I realize that you are a humanist new ager, but can you define your origins further?

I came from the exact same place you did. The same place every soul on earth came from.
:

If that's what you need to believe, then who am I to argue? I have no need to defend myself or what I understand. When it's time for you to see, you will see. That's God's deal, not mine. It does help, though, if one applies themselves to the goal by reading and obeying the instructions given for that purpose.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Does the phrase "Gimme a break" come to anyone's mind?

Are you reading mine? hee hee

I think what you've identified is that you need to get out more, and stop picking on the little lady.

That was most chivalrous.

I think perhaps the goal might be more of the nature of 'looking/listening within.' It's the getting out that distances the anchor. If you know what I mean...

Einstein said something to the effect of a man doesn't start to live until he lives outside of himself. I call it the 'fishbowl' principle.

Most of the world, IMO, is going 'in through the out door' in order to look out from within--instead of exploring and conquering the 'in' before venturing 'out.'

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The Yin Yang is a symbol of Taoism, also used by some Buddhists. It's not a "Satan symbol", but one of natural harmony.

Says the man with a similar symbol.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And you figured I was a christian because I am Christ's?

No, I think I said

I thought that because a Christian would not use a symbol of Satan as their avatar.

Now I understant the binary truth bit, the yen yang and the spinning in circles. It's CRYSTAL clear.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But who said I was a christian? I didn't. You were assuming. Assumption is basically judging (why I try to avoid it).

Assume = ass + u + me

Now I understant the binary truth bit, the yen yang and the spinning in circles. It's CRYSTAL clear.

What's up with the CAPS?

I'm not sure if this foray is actually off-topic or if you are actually demonstrating religious SUPERSTITION for the readers...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

But who said I was a christian? I didn't. You were assuming. Assumption is basically judging (why I try to avoid it).

No, you are mistaken. I said:

The part about not being a Christian is now clear. I thought that because a Christian would not use a symbol of Satan as their avatar.

I said, "The part about NOT being a Christian is now clear. I thought that (you were not a Christian) because a Christian would not use a symbol of Satan as there avatar.

However, the mark of Zoro is amusing. I am not assuming, I am amusing.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this foray is actually off-topic or if you are actually demonstrating religious SUPERSTITION for the readers...

Technically, you both strayed off topic long ago. Big reason I haven't bothered much with this thread.

But, regardless, the thread is obviously now your's and sun's, so do as you please. Just felt the need to point this out.

top topics

join