It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon = ICBM Silo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Could the Pentagon be a Top Secret ICBM Slio the only evedense I have is that the the grassy area inside the pentagon is the corect shape and size, the american goverment would probaly think it is a good idia and I have a verry strong huntch (and I have reson to belive that I am a psycic).

Dose any one have any more evedence?

Sorry for the splling.

[edit on 3/6/06 by hect3a]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Would be kinda cool if it was. A little too far fetched for my liking. Besides, if they fired it then it wouldn't be much of a secret after that.

Also, now i'm no rocket scientist, but surely the thrust from an ICBM would damage some of the habited parts of the building?

Besides, why put it in the middle of a high end gov building? Much easier to slap it in the middle of a desert ...

Cheers

Andy

[edit on 6/3/06 by prmlscrm]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I gess so however there are alternate lanching sistioms and there is probaly some thik amour on the billding espesaly after 9/11

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Pentagon would be the worst possible place for missile silo, since the Pentagon would be a prime target itself for nuclear attack. Missile silos are in the boondocks.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, ICBMs did not exist when the Pentagon was first built, and it has been continuously occupied since. No one reported any multiple truck loads of dirt being hauled away or concrete trucks dumping their loads in the middle courtyard. Those things are kinda hard to hide, especially from the public tours that are conducted daily.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Would certainly make my morning metro ride to work, underneath it interesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would have to say no.

Pentagon existed before ICBM's and the pentagon is built on the banks of the potomac river which while it would be possible to build a shaft that deep I would imagine it would be easier to build them in places where you don't have to worry about water seeping into the silo from being below sea level.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The only silos East of Mississippi are in Plattsburgh NY. The Pentagon was built during WWII, well before any ICBM was even theorized about. With salt water so close, and the fact that it's the second biggest target for a nuclear attack in the US (NORAD being #1) it would be a bad idea to put *A* missile there. And that's all you could put is 1 missile. What would be the point of 1 missile in DC?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
As others have said, No! The Pentagon is a central command center for the Defense Department. As such, it is already enought of a target. Also, it's too big for a silo. Lastly, the Pentagon was built before ICBM's were around.

As for the big grassy area inside the Pentagon, that is a heliport. It allows senior officials to be shuttled in and out by helicopter.

Tim

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
what would be funny is if it was!

then when they went ahead and fired it they torched the whole place..
launch

kaboom!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The grassy area in the middle of the Pentagon is a courtyard for taking lunches and breaks, there is no helipad there. There are multiple helipads located around the building however.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
The grassy area in the middle of the Pentagon is a courtyard for taking lunches and breaks, there is no helipad there. There are multiple helipads located around the building however.

Excellent
From my understanding its an informal area and military personal are at ease with no saluting or the like either.

Its a bad spot for an ICBM. Too close to the coast and it would allow it to be hit by a cruise missile sub etc. Thats why as noted above you see all these silos in the Dakotas etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There are former NIKE bases all over the place.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Excellent
From my understanding its an informal area and military personal are at ease with no saluting or the like either.

The central plaza in the Pentagon is the largest "no-salute, no-hat" military zone.

There is also a resturant there I think they refer to as "ground zero" or something to that effect because thats where Russia ICBMs were targeted

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes there's a small restaraunt. Little known fact when Khruschev visited the Pentagon he immediately wanted to know what the small building in the middle was that he had seen in Satellite Photos, he ended up having a hot dog there.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Yes there's a small restaraunt.

I always though that was a heliport!

Tim

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hect3a
Could the Pentagon be a Top Secret ICBM Slio the only evedense I have is that the the grassy area inside the pentagon is the corect shape and size, the american goverment would probaly think it is a good idia and I have a verry strong huntch (and I have reson to belive that I am a psycic).

Dose any one have any more evedence?

Sorry for the splling.

[edit on 3/6/06 by hect3a]

WHY

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is one of the nuttiest things I have ever seen in my career...

Lets say it WAS a nuclear silo... why? We had hundreds across the US, why put one there at all? Not to mention the exhaust would certainly fry the paint off.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Excellent

Its a bad spot for an ICBM. Too close to the coast and it would allow it to be hit by a cruise missile sub etc. Thats why as noted above you see all these silos in the Dakotas etc.

My Platoon Commander visited the Pentagon last year on a cadet exchange visit and was taken on a tour of the base.

Apart from the shape and size of the building and the number of personnel who worked there, he was amazed to be shown satelite images of the most photographed part of the building.

Apparently, the Soviets thought along the same lines as several posters here have suggested and aimed their reconsats directly at the grassed area and the very small building contained therein.

The Russians thought [in their paranora] that this was the entrance to some ultra top secret underground base, because their sats showed hundreds of people converging on this building.

What a shock to the system it must have been to eventually discover that their ultra top secret building was nothing more than a humble Burger Bar!

new topics

top topics

join