It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Invaded Homes For 'Adrenaline Rush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What ever happened to a nice game of scrabble or something?
www.local6.com...
Jeez, kids these days!! Too much of the old mega violence on
tv and video I guess. If there not pulling a bit of the old home invasion
they're at each others throats!!

www.stop-the-choking-game.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
every generation of kids gets worse. they are having sex at younger ages, they do harder, more dangerous drugs, the games they play are far more dangerous. They have access to the internet and all the wondrous depravity it holds.

I have two kids, a 3 year old daughter and a 9 month old son. I see the way the young girls dress and act and it scares the crap out of me. I am by no means naive and I was a wild child myself so I am prepared for the many talks I will be having but the dangers when I was growing up were, for the most part, all eminating from my own stupidity. Now you have so many other things to worry about. Kids can't play in their own back yard without the risk of abduction.

Choking to pass out and get a rush? no more inane than whipppits really.
breaking into homes for adrenaline rush? dumb as can be. someone will get shot doing that. you can count on it. when I was a kid the only B&E I ever recalled was when someone got locked out of their home and didn't have a spare.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
every generation of kids gets worse.

I may have to disagree with you on that one, it is how the parents disicpline their children. If you get let off the hook you will do more dangerous, wrong and stupid things, all because you feel that you can get away with it. My parents are raising me in the "tough but fair" style, I know better and so I don't do those idiotic things. It keeps me out of trouble anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
let me rephrase what I said because I agree that the parents are usually to blame. The society which these kids grow up in is worse and this lends itself to the kids doing things that were unheard of in previous generations.

take piercings and tattoos for example. when I was in high school, more than two earrings in one girl's earlobe was "different" and guys were just starting to get their ear pierced and it was looked at by my parents' generation as a sign of being gay.

now, today's kids have things piereced that make me shudder.
when I was a growing up, the drugs that were no nos, the ones that you only ever heard people taking was when it was slipped to them in a drink, are the same drugs that people are hooked on thanks to voluntary use.

society, as a whole, is more accepting and lenient in many areas and this results, in many cases, in our children growing up faster than they are ready for and this results in many of the stupid things kids do, not realizing there are consequences and the "I'm a kid" defense doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I agree the media has a large influence on children today. It's really
hard to find a good movie anymore that does'nt have alot of violent
content. And most kids consider movies without violence "boring".

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
perhaps they should all be forced to endure the "procedure" your avatar was subjected to.

their thoughts on the old in and out and ultraviolence would change. conversations at the milk bar will be boring but peaceful.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
OH, but they were subjected to the same procedure may avatar was
sujected to.
By watching tv day in and day out, they learned how they should behave.
Mom and Dad don't have the time to teach them any different as they are
going back to school to earn more money.
Plus working two low paying jobs to make ends meet.
Todays media glorifies crime and makes it seem like an easy and glamorus
way out of the boring common place existance of asking if you want fries
with that?
Youths rebellion against the Establisment began back in the sixties as
a rebellion against the war in vietnam, but with the introduction of '___'
and other street drugs a new war was begun upon the youth of out country.

What began as the dream of a peaceful world was replaced by the dream
of the next fix. Their anger is against the future that has been stolen from
them. The american dream is dead. Replaced by the american nightmare.

They lash out at the generation before them and before them and before them... but the real culprit is at the top of the pryramid.

Looking on.
laughing.

top topics

join