It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hello all, im sure quite a few of you have seen these "orbs" and debunked them as being dust, pollen etc. I started taking more and more pictures when these orbs showed up and was a little curious. So last night just for the fun of it I took some shots at a local cemetary to see if I could get something. Hopefully this wont be a waste of anybodys time but could be interesting. There are two orbs pretty visible in this photo one to the left and to the right, when zoomed in on them it almost looks as though they are moving a little leaving a slight trail of something? they also appear to be blue in color and someone I showed said they could see some yellow, green and maybe some red. Towards the bottom right of the photo there is also two pretty hard to see orbs or maybe just the ground. Lastly it looks as though something is looking almost directly at the camera when the photo was taken, when zoomed in and out you can find an angle where it almost looks slightly like a face. So what do you all think?

Thanks

img358.imageshack.us...

[edit on 5-3-2006 by thetrace]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Regarding the "face" I think that might be your mind playing tricks on you, I don't see it at any rate. When one wants to see something the mind will coax it along.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A few things i noticed about the image was apart from the scale and contrast of the orbs they all appear to be the same if that makes sense. Also as you said they appear to be leaving a trail of something. If you look at the image closely you can see that they are all moving in the same direction, it's pretty much dead on so it's probably a camera effect or flair or something not paranormal.

I have caught orbs on digivid-cam before in my old flat in Edinburgh and they tend to appear one at a time or in rapid succession and also, not moving in straight lines. Also these have been visible to the naked eye.

I think it's interesting that Orb Phenomina came around with the digital cameras. Go back with an old camera and see what you come up with.

I'm not sure about orbs in general, air and mag fields etc are mysterious things, but i doubt any of it is paranormal.

Just my opinion

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There is no face there, there does seem to be orbs on the picture, but that could be down to the fact that the picturewas taken in he dark and they are reflections of something?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As a rule, I don't even consider orbs to be in any way related to the paranormal, unless there is something REALLY crazy about them, like they are glowing bright blue and the light is actually shining on the ground beneath them etc.

A real ghost photo is one that is able to invoke fear in me, because it actually looks like something. Usually a creepy looking face in a window or an actually clearly visible figure (that isnt just the mind playing tricks on you and putting pieces of different things together into one image).

And what's with people taking random pictures in the dark? I'm afraid all you have is a bad picture of some tree branches and a fence.

To be honest, I couldn't even see the orbs until I inverted the colors of the picture. I have smudges on my monitor that show up clearer. So I'm afraid to say... there is nothing haunting Lent's Cemetary.

I think it's interesting that Orb Phenomina came around with the digital cameras. Go back with an old camera and see what you come up with.

Any camera will produce orbs. It has nothing to do with digital or not, it is the fact that the pictures use a FLASH. There is not a single picture out there with orbs that a flash was not used. All they are is the flash reflecting off of dust or water particles in the air. There are a number of threads in this forum where people purposefully created orbs themselves by hitting their dusty furniture and then taking pictures.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

top topics

join