It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WhY I Despise Glenn Close !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Nov. 30, 1999 / 21 Kislev, 5760
Kathleen Parker

FROM THE JEWISH WORLD REVIEW

Baby-killer's story has
less-than-Precious ending

www.jewishworldreview.com... --
Dear Glenn Close,

You don't know me, but I was reading in the newspaper about how you helped that woman, Precious Bedell, who killed her baby get out of prison. I was wondering if you could help me, too.

I killed my baby, too. Actually, both of them. But I didn't beat them to death like that Precious woman. What a funny name for a mom who would beat her own baby to death. And just for sloppy table manners? Wow, she must have a really bad temper.

I read that Precious took her crying 2-year-old into the bathroom of a Syracuse, N.Y., restaurant in 1979 and beat her because the little girl spilled food on her dress. The baby, Lashonda, had seven skull fractures, the story said, and never woke up again. That's really sad.

I also read that the bathroom was covered with blood. And that Precious had two other children, but they had been taken away for neglect. I wonder why the authorities gave back the baby? Poor little thing. I really feel bad for her.

Anyway, because of your help, Precious got out of prison on a technicality. The story said that Precious was never told of her right to accompany jurors when they visited the bathroom where Lashonda was beaten to death. Even though Gov. Pataki didn't want to release Precious, you were able to convince other people, especially Judge Joseph Fahey, that they should let her out of jail.

I guess when you wrote Precious' lawyer a letter saying how much you liked Precious, who you met when filming a documentary, you must have changed everybody's mind. You said Precious was so "articulate and informed and passionate" that you thought she was one of the volunteers working at the prison. You also said, and I quote, that "I would not have hesitated to leave my child in her care."

Glenn, I just want to say that you are very articulate, informed and passionate- and really pretty, too. You understand that moms lose their tempers sometimes, but that doesn't mean they're bad people. I didn't lose my temper. I just lost my heart to another man who didn't want my children. I loved my children, Glenn. I loved them more than anything. Well, except my boyfriend.

So I was wondering, since you helped Precious, could you help me? I know she spent a long time in prison- 19 years- and I've only been here four years and don't come up for parole until 2024. I'm not sure if you can find any technicalities to get me out of here, but you're a movie star and I'll bet the judges down here would do anything you asked them to.

Close
Maybe you could come here to study for a movie like when you met Precious in that New York prison. There are a lot of good stories here, boy, I could tell you a few. Maybe you could even play me. They already did a movie about me, but it wasn't very good. They made me look fat and stupid. I have gained a lot of weight here, because the food is very fattening.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for looking out for us moms and using your celebrity to get us out of prison. I promise if you get me out, I won't even get a speeding ticket. I admit that I did let my car roll into that lake with my children strapped inside, but I'm not a bad person. Honest.

Love, Susan Smith
Women's Correctional Institution
Columbia, South Carolina

P.S. I'd love to baby-sit your child. Maybe I could take him swimming. Do you think I could get a new car, too?

Perhaps Glenn Close can give us an update on what poor widdle Precious is doing with her life. Lets never forget what this second rate Jane Fonda/Susan Sarandon wannabe did in getting this sadistic murderer off just because the mean old judge threw the book at her for this act....

I even understand that several of the arresting Constables threw up after seeing the caranage wrought and had to undergo extensive psychological treatment for this...

But does this rankle poor Glennie one little bit ? Don't hold your breath !!!

join