It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living for the END!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
All non believers, atheists, or plain just dont care people this is for you.
As christians would say, alleluiah!!!

Why do I say this because the one major difference I see between myself and followers of many religions is whats going to happen when I die or END.

Christianity is all formed around what will happen to you at the end of your life but not now. Who wants to live for the end, not me.

NO one really knows whats going to happen, so why even worry.

Its plain and simple you DIE, go back to nothing like where you came from,
Nothing to nothing. Thats it. Not some fantasy place where everyone will live in peace forever.

Go ahead christians and tell me something different, and I will laugh.
You know it and I know it, the bible is about one thing and one thing only, the end..... what will happen to you when you die.

I live life for now, for my family, for myself. Not for some god or for some place
that is said to be from some book.
I am sure there are many who feel this way to. And I hope you are proud and stand up for how you believe.

Look at the 3 big religions (christianity, judaism, and Islam) the scriptures behind all of these have one major thing in common, what will happen when you die. I ask why? Why worry?why live your life that way. Why force it upon others? Who are you to say you are right.

I know there is much more to these religions( morals, ways of life, etc.), but they are created for one common goal....THE END.

Well I say to you my friends, to all non believers live your life for now not the end, death only comes once but so does life. Dont waste it, live it fully and enjoy it. Its the only one you got. And remember death cannot exist if you do.

Peace to all!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The control system is actually quite clever...or perhaps humans just aren't clever enough. Do what we say and live how we want you to, procreate in mass (birth control prohibited) and condition those legions to believe as you do (as we have taught you to) in order to spread the beliefs. And in return, when we have used you all up you will be rewarded in another life that none of us have ever seen or know firsthand that exists.

It's like buying a couch with an unlimited warrenty that becomes invalid as soon as you take it out of the store.

PS Not a flame, just an opinion. I don't bother arguing with people anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever really studied Christianity? I mean studied it? Your arguements are actually in support of the teachings - live for today and "the law be damned". What you are once again doing is confusing Christianity with the Roman Catholic Church and its dogma. Don't confuse the two.
The rage towards the Church is more than obvious on this site, and perhaps rightfully so. But I challenge you to actually learn something about Christianity before you judge it and condemn it. I'm NOT talking about Church Dogma, I'm talking about Christianity. To do this you're going to have to read some history of the times when Chrstianity emerged, what Christianity was responding to and railing against (funny enough it was railing against something that looks very similar to the Church today), the culture and social concerns of the time. Then, if you want to extrapolate that into today you need to find parallels (i.e. corruption in the Church) and adapt.
If you want to argue about Christianity do so, but don't confuse it with the Church.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It is true, many Christians focus on the end, and the Bible accomodates this. Christ speaks of storing heavenly treasures by serving the Kingdom, and of taking your place with the Father. This element is definately in the Bible, and has a lot more focus in the New Testament than in the Old. The Jewish scriptures, however, pay little heed to an afterlife, rarely mentioning it. Instead, they talk much of glorifying and obeying God.

However, there is more in the New Testament than just an assurance of Heaven. There is far more, though. There are lessons for life, family, marriage, disputes, troubled times, and reconciliation. When asked what the most important commandment was, what the most important law is to follow, He didn't say keep on keepin' on, it's going to get a lot better. He said the first and foremost is to love and honor God, and right behind that is to love everyone. That's present time information, not something we're to do when we die.

The reason, I believe, Christianity has been seen as a religion focused on the end isn't because that's what it's all about. Some of the greatest Christian writings have come from those facing persecution in some form or another. Paul wrote Second Timothy shortly before he was executed, while in prison, and it is a wonderful, encouraging Epistle. Many others from the time when Rome persecuted Christians extensively were willing to give their lives for their faith in Christ, as 10 of the disciples did. People looking in from the outside assumed the only reason they did this was because they knew they would go to Heaven. No!

Tertullian, a Christian scholar and writer from the third century, wrote,

But go zealously on. Kill us, torture us, condemn us, grind us to dust...The oftener we are mown down by you, the more in number we grow; the blood of Christians is seed...For who that contemplates it is not excited to inquire what is at the bottom of it? Who, after inquiry, does not embrace our doctrines? And when he has embraced them, desires not to suffer?

Powerful words spoken at a time when Rome was running out of starving lions due to the abundance of food. Those are the words not of someone who willingly suffers for the goal, but someone who suffers for the cause.

new topics

top topics

join