It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sid Smith for Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sid Smith is not your ordinary Congressional candidate. For one thing, he's 95. For another, his language might be enough to make even Richard Nixon or Dick Cheney blush, but he's going through with it, anyway.

Given his age, Sid Smith's campaign slogan seems obvious: "At 95, who needs term limits?" The former newspaperman and real estate agent, who scoots around his hillside home with the help of a cane, is running for Congress in Tuesday's Democratic primary.

His main goal is to boot from office Republican freshman Michael McCaul, who won the 10th District seat two years ago after the redistricting effort led by former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. A Democrat whose platform is essentially to work to defeat all Republicans, Smith is adamant about protecting abortion rights.

With a beard and a shock of white hair, Smith is now a widower who peppers his conversations with curse words, telling a reporter "you can clean up my language." His stories ramble into other stories, which drift into other stories and roll into still more stories, acknowledging "my mind is still fairly good, but names begin to escape me."

msnbc.msn.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What else can I say? I'm thinking he's likely to win.

[edit on 2006/3/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Forget Congress!

Hopefully this guy can hold out until 2008 and run for the Democratic nomination for President.

Can't be worse than ALGORE or Kerry.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott thanks for posting the article its a good read.
Im not an American so forgive me for asking this question.
Why are there four Democrats running for the same seat ?
All logical seems to suggest that the Democrats would choose who they consider to be the best person and put all there available resources behind that person.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure why that is either, unless it's a preliminary run-off. It'd be fun to see him get some national TV air time, but that probably won't happen until after the election because of the equal time election laws.

top topics

join