It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Strongest Armies in the World

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimkim3074

Originally posted by belial259
I don't consider the US army to be the strongest in the world. The risk of political unrest at home and a lack of willingness's for more wars really cripples the US's ability to fight.

If not which country's army is the strongest?

My top 5 (in no particular order since they all have different strategies and focuses):

Russia
North Korea
USA
Israel
China

I would have to say that if you consider which countries have effective land forces, special forces, naval forces, airforces, and strategic bombers (face it, they are a major part of modern conventional war), then this would describe Russia and the US nicely. China has a powerful military aswell, but they still have to prove themselves at some point.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You have to put into account the U.S.A has military bases in all countries,pretty much stating we took over the world. No country has bases in the U.S. And we have bases in them.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It is obvious that they forgot a really strong one -----Japan...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
just because you have a bunch of weapons doesnt mean you have an army. an army is a team that follows a strategy. even with superior weapons you could still fall to weaker individuals, and smaller numbers if they are better in discipline, strategy, and adaptation to a change from one scenario to another. in that i do not think that one army is best, but excels in one or more things.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i always wonder the reason why china can't afford a Carrier it is known that china develop rapidly recent years
because of the technology ?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi[/i]

My top 5 (in no particular order since they all have different strategies and focuses):

Russia
North Korea
USA
Israel
China

I would have to say that if you consider which countries have effective land forces, special forces, naval forces, airforces, and strategic bombers (face it, they are a major part of modern conventional war), then this would describe Russia and the US nicely. China has a powerful military aswell, but they still have to prove themselves at some point.

Russia and NK can defend well against an attack, but the US still reigns supreme. We, as citizens...and unofficial warriors, would dominate any invading force.

That being said, I firmly believe that our (U.S.) troops could still take out the chinese or NK on a 10 to 1 / 20 to 1 scale. I only hope war never comes around between the US and those asian countries.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcPeter
Imagine if Russia, China, India and North Korea will ally against US.

Boy, what a great idea!!! Smiley faces all around.

Guess you would enjoy living under Russian, Chinese or North Korean rule. I hear that their labor camps and gulags are almost as great as Club Med. I mean, they are a bit rough around the edges, but they're getting better each day.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcPeter

I believe it doesn't matter how much military occupants you have. If the superpowers have better tactics than the enemy, with even 1/6 of the military they could beat them. An example of this is the 300 battle. this was a real battle not just in the movies. the 300 spartans were facing off against 300000 persians and they one because they had better tactics and training. Im talking about this because i think even though they don't have a big nation they have a very powerful army. they have very good tactics and motivation. they were born in war and they live in war. therefore they must fight for there family and to survive. therefore Israelis have extreme bravery and weapons! i think the us secretly wants to help Israel out so we send them our old tanks and broken tanks. Then Israel fixes them then upgrades them to keep. there fore Israel has a bunch of old cold war US M60 tanks. also Israel designed a new tank called the Merkava which means Chariot in hebrew . The isrealie military websites are fully accessible in the us. the airfare is called IMI. the individual crew controls weapons is IWI.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi[/i]

Russia
North Korea
USA
Israel
China

Russia and NK can defend well against an attack, but the US still reigns supreme. We, as citizens...and unofficial warriors, would dominate any invading force.

That being said, I firmly believe that our (U.S.) troops could still take out the chinese or NK on a 10 to 1 / 20 to 1 scale. I only hope war never comes around between the US and those asian countries.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

I clearly stated my list was in no particular order.

And do you suffer from American Exceptionalism Syndrome or something? I posted a list, and you posted that the US is superior to everything and its citizens can fight. The world isn't out to invade the US.

Realistically speaking, US has an offensive military. They are designed to invade countries, not defend Fortress America. Any real strategist planning to fight Americans will plan to engage them anywhere else in the world other than the US. Foreign armies don't need to invade the US to beat it.

And you really think your civilian population even stands a chance against an invasion? Because they are all trained by ultra-violent movies and video games? The American population wouldn't last very long against an invasion because they would expect the government to step in and save them, and look what happens when the government can't/doesn't (like Katrina); it all turns into anarchy and distrust of the US government.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
wow the USA have 6600 nukes ?
how come they still have nukes ... UN is irrelevant

imagine if it was Iran who nuked Hiroshima and the other city
many would say that NEVER those weapons should be allowed in this country again BANNED FOR ETERNITY
since they used it on civilians

something changed ? no the usa made more WTF

Nukes are the most terrible weapons in the world
we saw the big mushroom

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wait, I thought China has more soliders than all the world combined?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join