It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spam King Busted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Spam King Adam Vitale has been busted by the Secret Service for mass mailing unsolicited advertising to more than a million AOL customers.

Adam Vitale, aka Batch1 aka Baxter, 25, of Boynton Beach, FL, and his partner Todd Moeller, aka M3rk, of New Jersey, are accused of sending nearly 50,000 pieces of spam e-mail to more than 1.2 million AOL subscribers.

US Secret Service agents used a confidential informant to hire Moeller and Vitale to deliver spam, which advertised a computer security product.

Moeller charged the informant $6,500 so that he and Vitale could buy the computer equipment to send the junk mail, court documents show.

spamdailynews.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't have much of a spam problem now. I can count the weekly numbers on one hand for two accounts, but in the past when I was with WebTV, it was a major hassle, so I don't have much sympathy for these vermin. Spam in my book is the ultimate internet conspiracy.

[edit on 2006/2/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is great news.

Its about time this is taking place

I really hope they keep the good work up.

Look forward to hearing more stories about this. Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I usually get 30-40,000 spam emails a day caught in the filter on my domain. I have to sift through all of them to be sure that no real emails are caught. It is the bane of my existance. I'm glad those suckers went to jail.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How many of you have heard the American Express radio commercial where the guy talks about his start up business “tapping into a 400 million dollar e-mail market” and how an AMEX business card helped him out?

All I can think of when I hear that commercial is that the guy must be a spammer.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This sorta reminds me of something that happened to a spammer near where I live. What happened was some computer savy individuals signed the CEO, or some head of one of the largest spamming companies in the world, up for every peace of real junk mail, and mailing list they could. The guy was getting like 20,000 letters a day, and the post office said they can't sort out only the real mail from the junk. HAHAHAHAHA

Spammers really deserve worse though.

join