It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcripts of Police Harrassment Appearing in the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

cbs4.com...

(Hialeah Gardens PD
tester: I want to know, how can I go about filing a complaint against a police officer?
officer: Where did the incident happen? What street?
tester: Sir, I --
officer: I'm here to hear the complaint. I'm going to take the complaint, so you've got to speak to me so that we can discuss this and see what we can do. Speak to me about it. When did this happne?
tester: Sir --
officer: Leave. Leave.
tester: So you're not going to take my complaint?
officer: Yes, I'm trying to! ANswer my questions!
tester: I don't really want to discuss it. I have --
officer: I'm going to investigate it!
tester: Is there any other way I can go about it?
officer: Do you have psychological problems or what?)

(Edit: Live to fight another day. I'll get that Majic... Editing my posts..who does he think he is...gotta figure out how to Podcast a rude gesture...)

::grumble:: ::grumble::

Excuse the long quote, but I think it's warranted. Bottom line is, an undercover media investigation uncovered everything from incompetence to downright hostility in the police forces of Florida, specifically South Florida.

Now, I coulda told them that.

But that's besides the point. The whole purpose of this ATS thread is to congratulate the media in this instance for exposing these police departments. Local PDs are, by and large, very helpful, friendly, and accomodating to townies and tourists alike. There are notable exceptions like some of these folks caught in the act, and I believe they need to be weeded out.

The security apparatus of this country has grown too large, too fast. There are idiot pockets in the politi-crete, and it's not going to set up right.

Some people think police corruption and abuse aren't important things to discuss in the media. I disagree, obviously.

So, again, my hat's off to the brave reporters who risked the anger of these blue bastards to expose their demeanor for more people to see. Some cops are just out of control power-trippers in full blown siege mentality, and it shows. They're a liability to civil order, and unless the state takes steps to mitigate this, the people are eventually going to get around to doing it for themselves.

At the very least, I think if the cops are going to conduct themselves like this, running from them should be a misdemeanor at most. If they're dangerous and out of control and abusive, running from them is nothing but good sense. Change the law, or change the cops, but this is getting silly.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

(Mod edit: Cited for: Long quote. Failure to close [ex] tag. Broken taillight. Disorderly conduct. Resisting arrest.)

Mod Edit: Guidelines For Quotes

[edit on 3/31/2006 by Majic]

[edit on 31-3-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They got caught doing the exact same thing in the Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa area when a Omaha ABC affiliate did an investigative report Spring 2001. The guy who was used to go ask for a complaint form was actually a VA cop on vacation that goes around and does this to "police the police" so to speak. Sarpy Country looked the worst in the piece because they not only assulted the guy on hidden camera they also arrested and jailed him for 4 hours. They also called his boss back in VA to try and get him fired. He sued than BAM all news coverage stops and noone asked questions. And they wonder why they're so hated.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Lol thats funny. here in the UK the police fall over themselves to nail another copper to get brownie points with the bosses and a step up towards promotion. Here in the UK its like wacky races to see who is the best most efficient left leaning copper at the minute. All you here is "No im more race relation friendly than you!" or "No! we are better for gays and lesbians, much more pink friendly than you".

Complaints need to be seen to be dealt with, but its almost indecent the rush to nail a fellow officer here in the uk. The thin blue line has been divided and conqured as the saying goes.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If I had a vote left that would have earned it Wyrde. Sorry. Great post though. We got a few more police brutality/misconduct threads that turned into us just patting each other on the back. There is no reasonable arguement against this stuff.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, I guess the cops are sick of being on the pointy end of the sting stick, so they've posted a BOLO (Be on the Lookout) for the reporter who did the investigation.

www.miami.com...

The personal information of an investigative reporter was posted prominently on a South Florida police union's website after a local television station aired a report about how police in Broward and Miami-Dade counties deal with the public.

The address, date of birth and driver's license number of WFOR CBS-4 reporter Mike Kirsch was posted as a BOLO -- or ''be on the lookout'' -- on the website of the Broward County Police Benevolent Association.

BOLOs typically are issued by police departments when officers are looking for criminals or missing persons.

:shk:

I hope their attempt at intimidation fails, and leads more people to take up the hidden camera and go after these jerks who like to throw their weight around.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I really wish I could say I am surprised, but I can't.

I have been ranting ALL COPS(pigs) are far more criminal than anyone they deal with.

They are cowards who hide behind a badge.

Furthermore, have you noticed that when pigs are caught on video, the taper is harrassed by the pigs-yes it is the truth!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by WyrdeOne
At the very least, I think if the cops are going to conduct themselves like this, running from them should be a misdemeanor at most. If they're dangerous and out of control and abusive, running from them is nothing but good sense. Change the law, or change the cops, but this is getting silly.

Very poor advice, in light of the many younger readers of this forum. And it actually has nothing at all to do with exposure of bad behavior by undercover means.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No that isnt bad advice. It is just common sense. If I am pretty sure I am gonna be kicked around and bolted up for something stupid, it isnt the crime that gets devalued, its the further consequences that do. If I already know that I am getting a first class jack-move in the judicial system I am not even going to debate it. They have to earn their check if they want to bust us for silly crap.

Bust real criminals.

The main reason the cops fool with petty stuff is solely due to the fact that a true criminal is quick to run, or shoot back at the police rather than lying down. If they begin to realize that people are not just going to accept lengthy prison sentences for a bag of smoke, or a bar fight, or any other silly, petty offense, they will start to spend a bit more of their shift fighting child molestors and wife beaters. We can only hope.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yes it is bad advice. Advice like that is what gets a kid shot because a cop mistakes a flashlight for a gun and makes a split-second decision to shoot first. And don't blame the cop when that happens - blame yourself for telling the kid to run.

The adult thing to do would be to teach the kid not to do stupid stuff in the first place.

If they begin to realize that people are not just going to accept lengthy prison sentences for a bag of smoke, or a bar fight, or any other silly, petty offense, they will start to spend a bit more of their shift fighting child molestors and wife beaters.

Oh, so that's the solution to the crime problem the cops have been fighting? What happens when that bar-fighter decides to become a wife-beater because he never learned to stay out of bar fights? Running away solved his problem in the first instance, why shouldn't it solve it all the time?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's nowhere near as bad as it gets.

Try ringing an anonymous hotline to report police and other 'top end of town' people, involved in child sex rings.

If you can put up with the insults, and press the issue long enough to last through the threats, they just hang up on you....and the next thing you know, a dieing dog is thrown in your high fenced yard and the police are knocking on your door...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My 'advice' (opinion, properly) is that fleeing from the police should be a misdemeanor.

I'm not advising anyone to do anything, and even if I were, I wouldn't be, K?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You're gonna love this, WyrdeOne...

Broward PBA Retaliates After CBS4 Investigation

After exposing the images of improper police behavior in his investigative piece, CBS4’s Mike Kirsch’s own personal information was being flashed on the Broward Police Benevolent Association website.

What is normally referred to as a BOLO or Be On The Lookout by police - a bulletin announcing a criminal who is wanted - was being used by the Broward PBA to show Mike Kirsch as a wanted man. The website went on to show Kirsch’s personal driver’s license information.

When CBS4’s attorney’s wrote a letter to the PBA, they took down the BOLO, only to put it back up days later with his personal information such as home address deleted.

More...

:shk:

Let's see, have I used all of the appropriate emoticons???

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Furthermore, have you noticed that when pigs are caught on video, the taper is harrassed by the pigs-yes it is the truth!

Oh, MANY times I have seen this. They become real cocky when they have a badge.

The one that is most disturbing was the guy who videotaped that cop shooting that MP home from Iraq for NO REASON. He was pulled over MANY times that day, then jailed for something in another state.

What a respectable group huh?

Many are punks without the badge to back them.

I remember saying to a cop when I was younger "You're real bad with that badge, aren't ya!". I then had 3 cops on me. Don't say it - even though we all know its true.

Shiny badge = tuff guy all to often.

I am agry with one myself now - my 18 year old son was with his friend and they were in a playful battle with those air-soft guns that shoot hollow BB's with a spring. They don't hurt at all.

Someone calle dthe police and one of the cops in my town nick named "Action Jackson" put his real gun to back of my sons head and said "Lets see your hands real fast or I will blow your f*cking brains out!" He slammed him around. He has a reputation of hurting folks and being Mr tuff guy.

They do this because they can. With the badge, they can be the macho tough guy - without it, they'd be a black-eyed punk.

I can't understand how a human can treat another human so poorly.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sounds very much like Malaysian cops. I was under the impression cops in the US were better. No difference there I guess. Power trips will be power trips.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Poor guy... I hope everything turns out allright for him and his family. Its a shame how power hungry the police are down here. Especially for those in Palm Beach, we gotta deal with pbso, greenacres, lake worth, riviera, west palm, jupiter, royal palm beach, gardens police, all horrible...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
thats cuz all the cops are is the dumb musclehead jocks from high school who picked on the nerds.when high school ended the nerds went on to college, got degrees and became higher up on the social, and economic ladders.BUT...ya see the jocks, well they were still dumb jocks...only with no one to bully and pick on...so they became marines or army soldiers, then they got out and got into law enforcement so they could bully all the nerds and uncool kids who were still living in their hometown.at least thats the way it is in my hometown, Westerly,RI. population of about 32,000. summer tourist attraction is the long stretch of coastline we have there.alot of the residents don't even live there year round. get this:49 f/t patrol officers, 85 part timers, and over 100 reserves.in this town they like to target minors right from the time they turn 13 so by the time theyre 18 they have a bad rep. and a criminal record.theyre known for their brutality, public strip searches, and all kinds of other corruption. they told me to walk home from a party one night and pinned me one block over, cuffed me and beat me with theyre billy clubs, i also caught a few mag-lite shots to the face. they broke my eye socket and knocked out 5 teeth.no reason except for the fact thay couldn't catch a few relatives of mine involved in illegal activity.intimidation tactic.then to top it all off i called the one who smashed me with the flash light a f*ing punk and told him i couldn't wait to see him at a wal-mart or stop&shop.he called me a p*sy.i said we'll see who's a p* when you dont have that badge or that vest on.this conversation took place while i was in a cell iron bars with a 2 1/2" think sheet of plexiglass over them. he shot my broken eye socket with pepper spray and left me in there till the middle of the next day. if i ever get assaulted or harrassed by any other pig in that town, you can bet i'm gonna do what i can to protect myself. oh and btw, this happens everywhere, not just the big cities and the pigs constantly get away with it.

new topics

top topics

join