It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trichology- The Study Of Hair Loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hello boys and girls so i am here for some advice.I had previously seen a trichologist and everything was going nice and dandy until I went to my general practitioner and asked for a repeat prescription for Propecia and therefore he refused to give it to me on medical grounds.

Unfortunately, I stopped using Minoxidil and Propecia and hair loss followed. Now I decided to stop seeing the trichologist as I felt a lack of professionalism and money had become his only
objective, now what I want to know from any trichologists on this forum or any who has used one: Do they usually recommend over the counter Minoxidil or do they recommend their "specially formulated Minoxidil that can only be acquired by a pharmacist. I am asking this because i want to continue treatment but dont know which way to go about it.The whole situation has left me compltley confused.

I will add more to this later once i recieve some feedback from members

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarzan
...everything was going nice and dandy until I went to my general practitioner and asked for a repeat prescription for Propecia and therefore he refused to give it to me on medical grounds.

Could you please explain? Did it produce some other kind of malady in your particular case?

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi he would not give me propecia at the time on the grounds claiming that a patient had recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer after taking the drug.But i found this a little hard to believe becuase the only thing i had read was that those who took it had a chance of it comming back more effectivley.

join