It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Moon Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

It's rense I know.. but what do you make of the claims? That the moon may be hollow, and appears to be much older than the Earth? I think it would be good to look into the carbon dating of moon rocks, that was done post-Apollo.

apc

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I randomly selected quotes, facts, and dated events from this site, and searched for them on Google. I was hoping to find some sort of hard evidence to verify their authenticity. When it came to the material that was the most damning, I didn't find a thing. All that I found were more alien, UFO, and evil men-in-black sites. I did not check every single quote, date, or event. This site offers no credible sources or references for the claims made. The reader cannot rule out that many of these "Moon facts" were made up by some 12 year old in his parent's basement.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Darn. Thanks for checking that.

Edit: Actually, I found something interesting. On Wikipedia, it says moon rock was dated at 4.6 billion years, and that may not be the oldest piece. However the Earth was created 4.5 billion years ago. Interesting huh?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26/2/06 by SteveR]

apc

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've never trusted Wikis. User created + User editable = Too much User BS.

However, the number isn't far off.

www.psrd.hawaii.edu...

These data fall on a well-defined line indicating a crystallization age for the anorthosites of 4.46 billion years, consistent with very early, widespread melting of the Moon.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have read quite a bit about the moon being hollow and that it was 'placed' in orbit however i guess you need to take most of it with a pinch of salt. There are books compiled about this.

Link
www.rumormillnews.com...

Guess we will have to wait to the chinese or japanese go or maybe the russians. The US keeps too many secrets.

apc

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Guess we will have to wait to the chinese or japanese go or maybe the russians. The US keeps too many secrets.

HAH. And they don't? China... don't get me started. And Russia... hell the majority of the public doesnt even know the true number of dead cosmonauts.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Darn. Thanks for checking that.

Edit: Actually, I found something interesting. On Wikipedia, it says moon rock was dated at 4.6 billion years, and that may not be the oldest piece. However the Earth was created 4.5 billion years ago. Interesting huh?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26/2/06 by SteveR]

No, the oldest rock found on Earth is about 4.6 billion years old.

The Earth is considered about 300,000,000 years older than that...it is simply hard to find such old rocks because of the mechanics of the Earth which changes the rocks upon them.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks, Rus.

What about the concept that the moon is hollow?

Steve

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If the Moon is hollow then the empty core has a very, very... very strong wall.

The fact that the Moon resonated more than expected when impacted is not really an indication that it is hollow. Merely that:
A: It is more porous than expected
B: Its internal composition is differs from expected
C: All of the above tied into the fact that we just don't know everything there is to know about the Moon.

Fact is, unless we go up and drill down to the core, we won't really be absolutely certain what lies beneath the surface beyond measurements and calculations. But, being as there is absolutely no way it could occur naturally, the only way it could be hollow is if it were constructed by someone. This of course is... possible... but not very likely, given the data.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We know from seismic measurements (similarly to how we do it on Earth) that there is a solid interior to the Moon.

First off; the idea of a "hollow body" is retarded. Gravimetric data proves that there is mass through-out the entire bodies through-out the system, there is no 'gasseous interiors' dynamically which would not work.

We know that the center of Mass of the Moon is much closer to the Earth due to the heavier core being pulled more to the Earth than the rest of the body.

And we know that it is largely a solid with little liquid if any.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I dont know why we see our moon strange.
If the moon would be the only single moon in the solar sistem I would understand.
Jupiter has a few and among them there is europa a moon more fascinateing than our moon.
Our moon is boring.
I know steve you been chaseing after events on the moon.
But remember there are other moons, so why do you think this one special?
The thing is that imy intrest lies in europa, there would be suspicions of life there since it can be water under the ice.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I know steve you been chaseing after events on the moon.
But remember there are other moons, so why do you think this one special?
[edit on 28-2-2006 by pepsi78]

Mankind has always been fascinated with Luna.. as have I. Get a good telescope pepsi and take a look for yourself at night.. it's amazing, more than a picture ever could be.

But if you want something "special"....

Need I say any more?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Okay what I can accept is abandoned buidings on the moon.
It could be that the earth was inhabited by a nother civilisation like atlantida or who knows.
Maybe they traveled to the moon before us.
It's worth the research, it would be fascinateing if there were buildings on the moon.
But the other thing with aliens I'll not go that far.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus

Liquid?
How could it have any?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus

Liquid?
How could it have any?

I mean as pertaining to the interior such as the Earth has a liquid outer-core.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Considering the moon is geologically dead, I doubt there would be any lava below the surface. Seems to me it would be cold and hard all the way through.. but I'm no expert

top topics

join