It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Ramses II unEarthed in Ciaro!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is very interesting to me. Ramse II was probably the most noteable Pharoah that ruled over Egypt.

I would like to find out if anything else was unearthed with the statues. He was the Pharoah that was mentioned in the bible in the story of Moses. I hope more antiquities are unearthed! This is amazing that such great finds are still being recovered. Anyone have any other info? AAC

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 26-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

Mod Edit: Fixed spelling in the title

[edit on 2/27/06 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The only additional detail I found is it was found under a flea market.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks Mak, I would think this would be bigger news. I wonder if any other artifacts were found. (Half-seriously) Perhaps some lost scrolls of the Bible?
AAC

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would be curious to see if any scrolls or parchments will be found to confirm or deny biblical accounts of that time.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
This is very interesting to me. Ramse II was probably the most noteable Pharoah that ruled over Egypt.

I would like to find out if anything else was unearthed with the statues. He was the Pharoah that was mentioned in the bible in the story of Moses...

As I recall, no Pharoah's name was actually mentioned in the Exodus story. It's speculation to assert that Ramses II was the Biblical Pharoah, though he could have been, and he might as well have been, since iot makes little difference to the storyline.

Harte

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What a fun story! Found under the flea market! Cairo is a city that's both ancient and modern and there's layers and layers under most of the buildings in the older areas. Ramses II is a favorite pharoah of mine.

Originally posted by kleverone
I would be curious to see if any scrolls or parchments will be found to confirm or deny biblical accounts of that time.

Probably none. We already have good detail of his life, and there's really not much of a match there with any bible stories (it was earlier thought that he was a good match, but later findings have discounted this.)

top topics

join