It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Ports not 6 as stated by Goverment...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
I never want to wake up and watch a port vaporise on live TV because a terror sympathiser has let a nuke get loaded and sailed into the USA. If you are vunerable, you are weak and can get hit.

Nobody does. But the fact is, DPW will not handle port security. It will be handled the way it is done now: by Customs and the Coast Guard.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wanna make sure I understand this. When the govt. required that all airport security be actual US citizens, people on the left screamed bigotry. When the govt. finally decided it was time to start deporting people who over stayed their visas, it was bigotry. When the govt. locked up suspected terrorists, it was bigotry. When the govt. made it harder to get a visa from middle east it was bigotry. People don't want this deal to go thru because the company is arab/ muslim, that's not bigotry?

Don't get me wrong. I don't think any foriegn company should be running our ports. I especially don't like the idea of the Chinese running anything here.

There may not be 1 US company that can run all our ports, but surely there are several that can share the task? If not, then why not? What's preventing US companies from being able to compete in this field?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
I wanna make sure I understand this. When the govt. required that all airport security be actual US citizens, people on the left screamed bigotry. When the govt. finally decided it was time to start deporting people who over stayed their visas, it was bigotry. When the govt. locked up suspected terrorists, it was bigotry. When the govt. made it harder to get a visa from middle east it was bigotry. People don't want this deal to go thru because the company is arab/ muslim, that's not bigotry?

Don't get me wrong. I don't think any foriegn company should be running our ports. I especially don't like the idea of the Chinese running anything here.

There may not be 1 US company that can run all our ports, but surely there are several that can share the task? If not, then why not? What's preventing US companies from being able to compete in this field?

Seems like you agree with what everyone is saying, so why did you feel the need to add this? :shk:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Seems like you agree with what everyone is saying, so why did you feel the need to add this? :shk:

Because it's true. Just pointing out some political hypocrysy. Some try to go to great lenghts to appear to be all about fairness and equality when in the end, it's all about politics and controlling people.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
people on the left screamed bigotry.
People don't want this deal to go thru because the company is arab/ muslim, that's not bigotry?

You're assuming this. 'People' don't like this deal for various reasons. That happens with people. We don't all think with one mind.

My biggest complaint about this deal is the way it was done. Without the required congressional approval and 30-day investigation. I believe dgtempe posted about it in one of these threads. The way 'the administration' did it is against the law.

There's a whole lot fishy about this deal without regard to the race/religion of the people in UAE. If you read over the threads, you'll see that there are many reasons to be suspicious of this deal, you just picked that one for some reason.

I especially don't like the idea of the Chinese running anything here.

What's that, if not bigotry?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You're assuming this. 'People' don't like this deal for various reasons. That happens with people. We don't all think with one mind.

If you say so.

My biggest complaint about this deal is the way it was done. Without the required congressional approval and 30-day investigation. I believe dgtempe posted about it in one of these threads. The way 'the administration' did it is against the law.

If that's true, then impeach him. The majority of the country is against this. Republicans and Democrats in the House and Senate are against it. If you were gonna inpeach a President, I'd think this would stick, if it were actually against the law.

I especially don't like the idea of the Chinese running anything here.

What's that, if not bigotry?

I'm a bigot. I hate communists purely because they are communists.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by notbuynit]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join