It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky figurine in a bottle washed ashore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I found these articles in the local news in Malaysia. Apparently a fisherman found it washed ashore. When he saw the figurine in the bottle looked like a description of a local goblin-like evil spirit called 'toyol', he got freaked out and handed it over to a local shaman or 'bomoh'. The bomoh later handed it over to a local museum.

Toyol drawing them in

PEKAN: Is the toyol – long regarded as a mythical supernatural creature – for real?

Hundreds of visitors who thronged the state museum here think so as they scrutinised a figurine kept in a bottle that was on display there.

A curious fisherman had found the bottle on Tuesday on the shores of a coastal village, believing that what he saw in it was a toyol.

In Malay folklore, a toyol is a goblin-like creature that steals money and commits other mischief or evil at the instruction of its guardian.

Not wanting to have anything to do with it, the unidentified fisherman from Kampung Kuala Pahang rushed to nearby Kampung Siong, about a kilometre away, and passed it to a bomoh.

The bomoh, in turn, handed it to the state museum.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Figurine in bottle attracts visitors

PEKAN, Feb 23: Many curious visitors flocked to the Sultan Abu Bakar Museum today to look at a bottle with a small human-shaped figurine inside.

The bottle was found on the beach near Kuala Pahang yesterday evening and has been temporarily placed at the museum.

What sparked the interest were claims by locals that the figurine was probably a toyol (an evil spirit known in Malay folklore to serve its human master by stealing from others).

[...]

Museum director Ahmad Farid Abdul Jalal said a group of fishermen found the figurine and handed it to the museum for safekeeping last night.

However, he said the figurine would be "returned" to the sea after a consultation with several local bomohs this afternoon.

"They claimed that the figurine was not a toyol but an object used in black magic which was probably thrown into the sea in a spiritual healing ritual."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That's a freaky looking thing.

[edit - grammar]

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That would be a little creepy to find.

Neat story.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It looks like an embryo of a baby gorilla or monkey to me!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
we called that thing as "toyol"...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earth Angel
It looks like an embryo of a baby gorilla or monkey to me!

That's what I thought when I saw it in the papers yesterday. My grandma said, "Look, they found a toyol." But this site has made a skeptic out of me, and I just dismissed it as an aborted monkey fetus or something.

Now the museums are saying it's a figurine used for some black magic ritual of some sort.

Steel freaky looking, regardless. I wonder where it originated from.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It’s probably a witch bottle/jar. I was shown one once in which somebody had put a spell in, to protected them from the wickedness of their brother.

Bottle Spells

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Think the term ..."what can we put in the news today that does not include death and distruction" springs to mind !!! I am more afraid I what I do know more so than what I do not..... We do not have to searchy for the weird and unexplaianble" belive the world today is that all by its self...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nobody has bothered to inspect it close enough to see if it is made of flesh or not? Are they sure it isn't real? Why not open it and find out, or would that 'bring a curse upon them' or something.

And if it's just a figurine, where the heck can you buy something like that? But then again, if they have local shamans, who knows.

I say sell it on eBay. It would fetch big bucks.

The myth of the toyol goes that you take an aborted baby fetus and mix it with a little black magic, and voila. You have to feed it a few drops of blood per day to keep it alive though. Human blood usually, but blood from a rooster will do. And once you create it, you are essentially stuck with it for the rest of your life, and it gets passed down through your descendants as well.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Exactly. Why cant we see what it is OUT of the bottle? or at least put in in a clear bottle so we can "eww and ahh'' at it even more!

I think it looks like a big turd. tle. haha

As for the witches protection bottle: aren't they supposed to have sharp objects in them- like pieces of glass, screws, and needles?

new topics

top topics

join