It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does hydrogen turn into people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have to admit that I am amazed that people believe that hydrogen will turn into people if you wait long enough.

How is it possible to believe this theory?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well its true in a sense, if you have a few billion years and a star then yes Hydrogen can be turned into people.

Stars produced all the heavier chemical elements out of Hydrogen

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Damnit Shadow, you beat me to it

But there's still hydrogen in people. Not H2, but H nonetheless. By the way I just released a bit of CH4. Aaahh... that feels good.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Here's an interesting sight that ought to give those of the evolution faith plenty of scoff-fodder.

www.hauns.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Kind of puts it all in perspective doesn't it.

If you wait long enough does hydrogen turn into people.

Can you creat life out of nothing. Only God can.

Does bacteria turn into a person.

It's extremely hard for me to understand how anyone could believe in evolution.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

It's extremely hard for me to understand how anyone could believe in evolution.

People believe in evolution because they are told by respected and immanent peronnages that it is true. It is the official doctrine of the edjucatocracy. Heretics will be characterized as toothless, inbred, snake handling members of the missing chromosome set, and given poor grades.
Also, the term evolution has become interchangeable with the word adaptation (an easily observable fact of nature) which tends to mislead those without the academic indoctrination.

Others believe in evolution because it offers on attractive alternative to being judged for all your actions by an omniscient Creator. I don't much look forward to that myself. It also makes a good origin belief (something all people naturally seek) for the faith of secular humanism.

Even Christians believe in evolution because it's become the cultural norm. They're told it's scientific fact, and so shape their faith to conform to the world. Now I don't think that evolution necessarily conflicts with Genesis, and would have no problem with it if I thought there was a shred of proof. Evidence perhaps, proof no.

Well did I take the bait sufficiently?

Come on all you creatophobes, reel me in!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter the present form your in. It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

I do not believe I evolve, I simply grow. I've had many lifetimes and been many creatures. I've died horrible deaths and honorable ones. I've touched the depth of my own sorrow and the stars beyond my imagination. It is not what i am or where I am or when I am or even why I am. It's who I am, and its up to me to decide that.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I have to admit that I am amazed that people believe that hydrogen will turn into people if you wait long enough.
How is it possible to believe this theory? [...]It's extremely hard for me to understand how anyone could believe in evolution.

Please explain what is wrong with the evidence that supports this idea.

Why do you reject an idea simply because its amazing?? Also, why should something be rejected merely beause its hard to understand? What don't you understand about it?

resistor
People believe in evolution because they are told by respected and immanent peronnages that it is true

This is bollocks. I don't know a single person that says 'darwin was so smart, so I must accept evolution on his authority'. Rather, I do see religious people accepting the statements of religious authorities on that authority all the time.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Very well written. I totally agree with your evolution, adaption comment.

[edited large quote, please don't quote an entire post and make a short generalized agreement -nygdan]

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Please explain what is wrong with the evidence that supports this idea.

Hi, Nygdan

I was unaware that there was any provable evidence. Maybe I am unaware. Isn't evolution a theory? If there was provable evidence would they still call it a theory?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think perhaps you need some education on what being a theory actually means in the context of evolutionary theory.

wilstar.com...

Theory: A theory is more like a scientific law than a hypothesis. A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. One scientist cannot create a theory; he can only create a hypothesis.

In general, both a scientific theory and a scientific law are accepted to be true by the scientific community as a whole. Both are used to make predictions of events. Both are used to advance technology.

The biggest difference between a law and a theory is that a theory is much more complex and dynamic. A law governs a single action, whereas a theory explains a whole series of related phenomena.

So as you can see, it is not just a theory. A scientific theory makes verifiable predictions. It is not just a guess.

And here is a great page catologing evidence for evolution.

www.gate.net...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well said left behind. People too often dismiss theories as if they were worthless. I remember an episode of Family Guy where Mel Gibson walked off Mount Rushmore because Christians don’t believe in gravity. It was perfect. By the same logic that denies evolutionary theory, relativity would be thrown out the window along with quantum theory.

I always hear this uproar when something new comes out that goes against an evolutionary estimate. Why don’t we hear the same uproar when a new bit of data contradicts something predicted by relativity?

Now, to get back on topic. We see the actions that build more complex molecules out of simple atoms. We are even replicating those actions to produce power. The byproduct of that fusion is a new element, different than the one before. If you’d like you can say that God used this as a method to create mankind, and the rest of the universe, but don’t say he just waved his hand and made it in a day.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Don't limit yourself. It's not just hard for you to understand why Evolution is a fact. It's just plain hard for you to understand!
Glad I could help.
Hydrogen does not make people. Hydrogen does make helium in our own sun however. Hydrogen was the first element (current science tellsl us since the stars are essentially made of Hydrogen and all else that we know comes from the heart of a star, well, ...voila...people from Hydrogen, people and everything else in the Universe including any deitys that may be out there somewhere however unlikely that fanyasy may be.
skep

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Don't limit yourself. It's not just hard for you to understand why Evolution is a fact. It's just plain hard for you to understand!

lol, I figured I could play the stupid card if people actually believe that if you wait long enough Hydrogen turns into people. I did actually learn something however that I didn't know.

Now, can you estimate how long it would take for bacteria to turn into people? Within a billion years??????????

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Now, can you estimate how long it would take for bacteria to turn into people? Within a billion years??????????

I would guess between 3.5 and 4 billion years

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Believe it or not, science is actually against evolution, evolution is just a "theory". Nowhere in science is there even one example of something dead becoming alive. Yet thats what evolution is based on, hydrogen can be left for eternity, and it will still just e hydrogen. end of.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boniouk06
. Yet thats what evolution is based on, hydrogen can be left for eternity, and it will still just e hydrogen. end of.

Science not theory shows that Hydrogen produced the other heavier elements of the universe with the help of stars. All the planets even your body was once hydrogen. This has nothing to do with the theory of evolution.

Its called nucleosynthesis its physics and a fact.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
if this is a religious posting about hydrogen then i will just say this. hydrogen can be PROVEN to exist throughout the universe, unlike god, and is therefore more likely to be your 'creator'

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The original Hebrew word for "Create" in Genesis should actually translate to "organize."

God Organized the world.... possibly from gases left over from the Big Bang.

God Organized humans.... possibly from less complex organisms.

Why do Christians care about evolutionary theory? It does not "disprove" anything. It used to be anti-religious if you believed the earth was round, of if the earth revolved around the sun, or if the orbital was not perfectly round. If God created the earth and humans through a slow evolutionary process... well so what? It was still God that did it.

My opinion: every scientific discovery that we make only boosts God in my book. He is the Universe's greatest Biochemist / Quantum Mechanist / etc etc. Don't sweat about evolution. It just makes God look smarter.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
hydrogen is constantly 'turning into' people.

"nothing stands still" -some smart guy

"it's PEOPLE!" -charleton heston

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join