It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emir of Dubai, is a hunting companion of Osama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Some communities are installing a new siren system, unlike the old ones with the noise only, they have a new improved
one, ones that can send spoken alerts to communities.

Its the latest technology, and according to CNN, MSNBC, they plan on installing these at telephone/electricity poles throughout the nation.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by dgtempe]

I live practically at the back of beyond, but sometimes venture into the fringes of Metro Atlanta......and I have heard this type of system being tested during tornado drills for three years or so now.....the announcers voice is eerie, having that 'Voice of God' quality......but is, thankfully, easy to understand. Probably a good idea, considering the times we live in.

Considering the support the PWD deal is getting from the administration......

I wonder what might have been said of 'a nice group of young men from Saudi Arabia' that just wanted to take flying lessons.......even if the gov't had full knowledge of their presence before 9/11.?? Wouldn't they have just been characterized as a group of 'school boys' from one of our allies?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus
...the Founding Fathers would have nothing to do with the press because they "personalized and dramatized everything to work against it".

I suppose you have never heard of the FIRST AMENDMENT?
(There's the link, in case you have never read it.
)

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost."-Thomas Jefferson

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."-Samuel Adams

Shall I continue????

[edit on 26-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Doctor Strangecraft has already explained in this thread, quite clearly, why all the furore and paranoia over the DPW deal is unwarranted.

Supplementing Dr. Strangecraft's contribution, two points need to be made.

1/ The Dubai-based company Dubai Ports World is simply inheriting these ports from the former operator, P&O, as part of a business deal. This is happening because DPW is buying P&O in a perfectly legal and above-board transaction. Both are big, highly-reputed companies, well known and widely admired in their line of business.

P&O also runs the main container port in my own country; doubtless this, too, will come under DPW management after the merger. No-one gives a hoot, which is as it should be. DPW already runs ports or portions of ports in Australia, China, India, Malaysia, South Korea and half a dozen other countries. Some of these countries (like China) are even more concerned about their security than the US is, but none of them is worried about DPW.

All this fuss is about a perfectly legitimate business deal of the sort perfected by American capitalists. Anyone who supports free trade and a more interactive global economy ought to welcome it. Anti-globalists and protectionists will have legitimate objections based on their political and economic views. That's fair enough. But anyone who opposes this deal because they see it as a potential security threat to the United States either doesn't know enough, or else they aren't thinking straight.

2/ I lived and worked in Dubai for nearly three years. It's not the nicest place in the world but it sure isn't a mediaeval desert kingdom either, not by any stretch of the imagination. It is by far the most modern and westernized of the United Arab Emirates, which form the most modern and westernized State on the Arabian Peninsula. Dubai and its rulers aren't buddies of Osama and his jihadists: they're potential targets. The idea that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (the recently-invested Emir of Dubai) would go hunting with Osama bin Laden is so far off the mark it is laughable. Just because someone wears a kaffiyeh and a dishdasha, it doesn't mean he's an Islamic terrorist.

It would be terrible folly, and a betrayal of the principles of American capitalism, if this deal were to be spiked simply because of anti-Arab paranoia. Let's hope better sense prevails.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
We have been conditioned to be paranoid.

We should fear the enemy. Remember?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join