It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INXS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thought I would throw a thread out about INXS. Last season they had the show Rockstar:INXS and searched for a new lead singer to replace Michael who passed on years ago.

Was a big fan of them back in the day, New Sensation probably being my favorite song. With this show, American Idol was put to shame and I loved watching it from week to week. A Canadian won, and he was from Nova Scotia. JD Fortune. Only a 3 hour drive from where I live, and as he said at the beginning of the show if he ever won he would have them come for a show.

Yesterday I bought 2 tickets to check them out.

Any other INXS fans out there? Anyone been to any of their shows on this world tour? Last I seen they were performing in Atlanta.

I am normally against the whole reality tv nonsence, but this was just good rock music week after week and was alot of publicity for the band. Glad to see them doing well again.

JD..

INXS back in the day..

INXS today..

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think they should just change their band name or they will always (at least in the publics minds) live in the shadow of what they use to be. I like INXS and have several of their old albums, but I wouldn't even bother to listen to what they put out these days. That era is just dead and gone.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah they have a distinct different sound on their new cd. I was a huge fan of the old stuff, but after listening to the new cd I enjoyed it.

After Scott passed away with AC/DC, Johnson came in and helped put out some of their best stuff. With a complete different sound, on lyrics anyways.

Hopefully INXS has this success as well.

I'm pretty fired up to see them live.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I like INXS with JD just as much as I liked it with Michael. Not to mention JD is smoking hot, and he does have a very nice singing voice.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I like INXS with JD just as much as I liked it with Michael. Not to mention JD is smoking hot, and he does have a very nice singing voice.

I think that could be the reason my girlfriend is so excited to go. Ah well, we both get what we want I guess.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
INXS were a great pop band. Michael had the stage presence. What makes a great frontman is the attitude. I just don't know if a vegetarian can have attitude. He might. I dunno.

How do you feel? IM LONELY! What do you think? CAN'T THINK AT ALL!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
I just don't know if a vegetarian can have attitude. He might. I dunno.

I would love to hear why you don't think vegetarians can have attitude. Have you met any of those militant vegans? They have enough attitude for all of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
INXS were a great pop band. Michael had the stage presence. What makes a great frontman is the attitude. I just don't know if a vegetarian can have attitude. He might. I dunno.

For one I don't consider them a pop band anymore.

Two I would have to assume you did not watch any of the Rockstar:INXS show because you would of seen the stage presence these guys had.

Three what does being a vegetarian have to do with anything? That almost comes off like a racist comment, it has nothing to do with anything.

I am with snowflake on this one, you really need to expand on that.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ah I'm such a fan of the old stuff... It makes me feel happy!

I did watch the last 5 or 6 episodes of Rockstar:INXS after only being able to have 3 channels after evacuating for Katrina, but I was not all that disappointed... I'm not really digging their new stuff as much though... For me, INXS is still INXS back in the day... JD may be good and all, but he's not Michael.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Okay. I will try and expand. In my head, I was comparing JD with Michael and to be honest, they are two hugely different folk. Michael was a hellraiser, a rockstar in the sense of the word. A comparison of Michael to JD which is probebly unfair. Vegetarians do have attitude. Morissey instantly comes to mind, though he's a bit of a miseryguts. But still. Can JD fill the boots of Michael? I couldn't watch RockStar cause I don't have digital, or cable. :/ big deal. I've yet to hear this "JD" character. Is there an album coming out soon?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Their cd was released over 2 months ago.

INXS: Switch is the name of it.

I bought it the day it came out and thought it was a great cd. Their style of music has changed over the years, they no longer have the sound they once had.. but still true to their roots somewhat.

I believe their fan base is going to change with abit of a younger crowd, as it was in their original hay day. Some of the original fans may continue on with them and show their support, while others may turn their back.

With all due respect it seems you have no information on the band nowadays, no idea of who and what JD is, and had no idea they even released a cd.

So your negative criticisms should be held until you read up and listen up.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Even though it's natural for old Inxs fans to constantly compare JD to Michael and expect JD to "fill Michaels boots" it's kind of unfair. JD is NOT Michael. JD is his own person, with his own style and his own talents.

What is Inxs to do? It's not like they can call Michael up and beg him to come back, and they can't just give up their career because he is gone. They have to move on. No JD is not Michael, he is JD and with him they have pretty much reinvented themselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Even though it's natural for old Inxs fans to constantly compare JD to Michael and expect JD to "fill Michaels boots" it's kind of unfair. JD is NOT Michael. JD is his own person, with his own style and his own talents.

What is Inxs to do? It's not like they can call Michael up and beg him to come back, and they can't just give up their career because he is gone. They have to move on. No JD is not Michael, he is JD and with him they have pretty much reinvented themselves.

Exactly!

His success and failures have to be based on his own credentials. Not how he compares to Mike.

If you do not like their music, it should be because they don't feed your fancy, not because its not as good as their old stuff. This is NOT the INXS of the passed, this is the INXS of today.

I know that in 9 weeks I am stoked to see them live!

The drinks will be flowing that night.

new topics

top topics

join