It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how possable was Jurrasic Park ? Really

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes, I would most honestly have to agree... The profit would be endless, but then again, think of how much it would cost to create a "dino." Your average scientist with Genome Experience has to cost what..??.. 150,000 a year? How many of these scientists are you going to have to hire to complete an ENTIRE genome to create just ONE dinosaur let alone thousands of species. Hmm... I'd say probably 20 scientists MIN per species, if you want it done in a reasonable amount of time. Would probably need 3 Supercray XT3 DNA sequencing computers at a minimum... If you wanted to speed the process though I'd definitely go with IBM's Bluegene/L Super computer system, which I believe last year or the year before won fastest super computer in the word for gene sequencing, but is going to cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars just for 1.
Not to mention the fact of the government looking into what you're going to be doing with SO many scientists and super computers. I'll just say pricing for supercomputer approx. $100,000. that's $3,000,000.00 in the first year for the first species just in that area alone. Then you need a lab, incubation area, test facilities, advertising once project is completed, packaging of meet, ticket systems, going to have to create super powerful holding areas, the list goes on and on and on... If you continued to calculate this from beginning to end I'm sure the price would go into the Billions of dollars. Perhaps we should talk to Bill Gates... lol...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
ya, Bill Gates would definitely have the ability to pull something like this. But the problem is he doesn't
, which proves the possibility of creating a real dino is impossible for now, and most likely for many many many years to come until the very very distant future.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
oh... forgot, that would be 3 DNA sequencing supercomputers PER species.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
So ya getting dino DNA from a mosquito trapped in tree amber 200 milion years ago would be virtually impossible.

Once again I state that this is impossible since mosquitos have only been around for 60 million years. Five million years after the dino extinction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join