It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junkmail Revenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sick of finding unsolicited 'pre-approved' loan applications and credit card invites in your morning mail? I sure am and have decided to declare war!

As most of these mailshots kindly provide you with 'Freepost' addressed envelopes, all you have to do is take an average 5-pound house-brick, wrap the junkmail around it and then wrap the whole thing in strong paper to make a neat parcel and then tape the envelope on the top with the return address showing...take to your nearest post office, leave on the counter, and walk out before the staff can complain.

The post-office will have no choice but to accept the package and deliver it to the addressee at great expense due to the weight of the parcel...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

................and then the junk mail companies would sell your name and address to every Tom, Dick, and Harry they could think of and tell everyone that YOU are the one who drew those caricatures of Mohammad!

Great Effort Though! I've often thought about this myself

[edit on 23-2-2006 by CreeWolf]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
...there is a way around that...get a big black marker and obliterate every barcode and serial number that you can see on the mailshot in case they're used as unique identifiers to your details in the database...and you still have the feeling of satisfaction without the comeback

Of course, by responding anyway, brick or not, and not blanking out all 'unique identifier' info, you are marked as an 'active responder' so go into the datalist thats sold on to other companies...

join the campaign to make your postbox a junk-free zone!

join