It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardsmen investigated after marrying Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
PACE, Florida (AP) -- Two Florida National Guard soldiers who married Iraqi women against their commander's wishes are being investigated for allegedly defying an order, their families said.

The men, both Christians who converted to Islam so they could be married under Iraqi law, had expected to return to Florida this month, but a new Army policy that requires troops to remain in Iraq for 12 continuous months may keep them there until April.

edition.cnn.com...

There has got to be some regulation against getting married while on foot patrol, but other than that, what's the problem?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Maybe some people think this is a war against Islam? And they don't want to have to admonish one of their own?

Just for the record, I do not believe we are fighting against Islam. I believe Saddam needed to be removed, and Osama needed to be squelched. How to do that? No idea. Not sure what is happening is the best idea. But I hope that the number of troops and innocents killed is kept to a minimum.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
hmm

an asshole for a commander?

If they're in love I see no problem, it's their life.

oh guess since they signed up for the army it's the commanding officers life?

another reason not to join the armed forces and die for rich fat greedy old men.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
its hella hard finding a good woman in america right now, but i would have converted her though...

any single ladies that wanna speak to an honest good looking spiritual man u2u me...

join