It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sphere of light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When I was 6-8 years of age, I went through some traumatic events with my parent's rampant alcoholism. Eventually, My brother , sister, and myself were adopted by our aunt.....I don't know if trauma may bring about what My brother and I saw, but we are in our 40's, and still recalled what happened. We both awoke at the same time. It was pitch black and I turned on a light and found we were in a room in the basement of a house. On the wall was a shelf filled with bullet cases. we could see a stairway from the light and headed towards it. For some reason we both looked back and saw a light (About the size of a baseball) It gave off no light, and yet it was there, levitating, and floating towards us. We screamed and ran up the stairs, and tried frantically to open the door. When we did it had disappeared.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It could've been a light orb. I was reading about spontaneaou human combustion, and one of the theories a scientist had (which I didn't think cause the SHC) was pertaining to the fact that considering that large lightening bolts sometimes release (they escape) isolated independent light energy that traveles like a "Ball" of light until it uses up all of its energy source. They have been tested traveling for about 30 seconds after the lighting strikes, traveling large distances in that time. Was it raining when that night happened?

Of course this is a very scientific explanation, there are a million paranormal ones...
AAC

[edit on 22-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
When I opened the door, at the top of stairs, the orb had disappeared. It was a sunny morning, and the sunlight lit up the stairwell.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Explain the ball a bit more could be sun reflecting of circle object creating ball of light on wall who knows thats problly not right though as what you describe,hmm as theirs two of you i have go with post above.
Me personaly if im young i would head too the light too investigate like anything else.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sounds like it could of been a bit of ball lightning to me, or for the paranormal explanation, maybe an earth light, or a small version of it.
There was also a UFO incident where two people saw a ball of light in a field, and then when they went out to look, it somehow dragged them towards it. It was described in a similar way to what you were saying about.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
First off.Do you believe this was a dream or was it reality(this world).
Also you dont mention if you and your brother were there together or experienced this independantly at the same time.This is very interesting to say the least and if you are trying to understand where you were I can try to help though im not sure if I can.If you were together and not in a dream.Where were you?You stated that you were in the basement of a house.Was it the house you were staying in?

Also has anything else happened between the two of you.Has your sister had anything strange happen to her during those times?

Anyway thanks for posting your experience.

Scarecrow.

new topics

top topics

join