It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramen Noodles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I love them. Very cheap, quick and good for emergencies.

Ramen with veggies and garlic, serves one:

Two packs Ramen
Quarter cup onion, diced
Quarter cup tomato, diced
Quarter cup carrot, diced
Two cloves garlic, diced
Three cups water
Soy sauce

Boil veggies and garlic for two minutes, add noodles and spice packets, cook for two more minutes, splash with soy sauce.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Oh, I'd get those cup ramens from 7-E. Very cheap, 40 US cents a cup I think, comes with freeze dried vegetables, and 7-E has that hot water dispenser thing.

Speaking of which I think I'm gonna make me a cup right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The very best thing about Ramen noodles has got to be the price. In Canada, we can buy four packages for a dollar (CDN money so you know they're cheap). Oh, I like eating them with lots of grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of them. Naturally, I omit the seasoning that comes in those little foil packets. Anyway, I eat it as if it were speghetti sans sauce. It's not the best meal in the world but when you want something fast and cheap, Ramen noodles are tough to beat.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here in the ole U.S. they are on sale frequently, 10 for a buck!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here are a couple of items that I add to my Ramen
Add Hot Dog or a spicy sausage while it is cooking
After it has completed cooking, stir in an egg. (the egg will cook from the retained heat)
Add a slice of cheese.
This is what I call the "snack of champions" (on a budget of course!)

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah, any meat will do.

I often will throw in whatever old piece of meat i have in the fridge, that really is a bonus with the ramen.

Little cayenne pepper is good too, practically anything works.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
Here in the ole U.S. they are on sale frequently, 10 for a buck!!!

Sounds about right, but I was talking about the cup version with freeze-dried vege and mushroom (I even found one brand with freeze dried tofu) that expanded when you add hot water. Those are slightly more expensive, but still cheap, considering.

Have you tried adding sesame oil to the ramen? Instant Korean noodles

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
mmm ramen noodles

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I went to a pot luck once and there was a salad with uncooked ramen noodles sprinkled on top, can't remember what type of salad it was though

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I use ramen noodles for head cold relief.

Just cook as normal without the spice packet, add a chopped hot dog, some pepper, crushed red pepper, and dash of tabasco, and several tablespoons of worcestershire sause.

It's something about the worcestershire I think. The steam from the bowl combined with enough spice that you break a sweat right away, but it doesn't burn like hot salsa would, and your stuffy nose clears up for awhile.

Besides, its cheap and a light enough a meal that you can eat it when you are sick.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Heck, who cooks. I just eat em strait out of the package. Delish!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i've er.. done that too vegemite. of course, i'd never admit that publicly. i also find that some brands are crunchier than others.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just crunched up a half a pack of noodles and sprinkled them on a nice pea salad with cheddar cheese. Very, very tasty.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They are also a great thing to stock up on in case of emergency. I keep a couple of cases stuck in the back of the cupboard and if the feathers ever do hit the fan, i'll atleast be able to eat for a few weeks. I don't think they EVER go bad.

Wupy

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I hit the jackpot last week, two bucks a case (24 packs), limit two.

I got two then wife got two. Too bad we're 75 miles from the store or I would have gone back every day for more.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I had some dental work done today that included having a wisdom tooth removed, so my choices of food today are a bit limited.
Ramen Noodles to the rescue.

I cooked up two packs with some finely chopped turkey and little chive bits.
It was a good filling meal that was easy to make, and gentle on my tender mouth.

Long live the noodles.......

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I keep a box in the cupboards, too.
Nice to have when cupboards run a bit bare, or just for a late night snack.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
9 cents a pack where I live. How can anyone starve when you can spend 2 bucks and eat for a week!..lol...when I was in college I lived on Ramen, I think I have had them in just about every way imaginable - except straight from the pack like that guy before said. Gross..thats gotta be pretty dry

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Actually, they're not that bad dry. They are not as hard as spaghetti noodles, for instance. But they are crunchy, and when you eat em that way, of course you can wash em down with your favorite beverage. They go with just about any liquid. I've even snacked on em with beer...Give it a try....

btw - I do like em cooked too, i'm not a total nutcase.

Mechanic 32 - (formerly known as larry994)

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The other night, my sweetheart had a bellyache, got hungry and wanted a bowl of noodles, "something easy" she said. She ate a half pack and some ginger ale. Next day she woke up fine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join