It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows XP SP3 preview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
***********************WARNING*****************************
Windows XP Service Pack 3 Preview Review
This download may include additional applications bundled with the software's installer file. Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options.

All hotfix downloads are linked directly to Microsoft. These are 100% official downloads.

*************************WARNING****************************

here is a link to the "100" meg download.

www.soft32.com...

I am downloading it now, I believe it will download many small selfexecuting packages (that means you double click each one to load that update).

[edit on 2/21/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
OMG 100 megs of spyware!

Why do you want to download it?

Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What IS this program, here is the offical announcement...

www.microsoft-watch.com...

Windows XP Service Pack 3: Not Until 2007
By Mary Jo Foley

UPDATED: The 'preliminary' due date for the next collection of fixes and patches for Microsoft's desktop operating system is as more than a year later than many company watchers were expecting.

Microsoft has gone public with a tentative date for its third service pack for Windows XP. And that date — the latter half of 2007 — is considerably later than many company watchers were expecting.

Microsoft has published the due-date for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) on its Windows Lifecycle Web site. While Microsoft characterized the date as "preliminary," it is still as much as a year later than a number of customers, partners and industry analysts had been anticipating

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tis a stupidity test, meh? Lure people in with "OH EM GEE!! SP3!!!" so they dont notice that it isn't one bit damned official, these cwazy sites cwack me up. I'm too lazy to download 100mb file and see if it runs in Wine.

Edit...meh, i'll try it in Wine. I got a bit unlazy

[edit on 2-21-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Whheeeeeeeee...EXE's galore.

Wine jokes on some of them (doesn't extract the 2nd exe), but upon running the 2nd extracted exe it borks all together. Damn

top topics

join